ATTN: Advice needed! Cat in labor

Blumorpho9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat broke her own water, the sac was hanging out her vagina 12:54PM
it’s 6:04PM and she hasn’t had a kitten yet. She is leaking fluid mixed with blood it’s not a lot but I see the spots of Fluid on the blanket constantly licking her genitalia. I feel kittens moving
Between 2PM and 6:04She ate when I offered her food and water & She’s peed twice and pooped once
She’s still affectionate doesn’t seem stressed or in pain.
what could be wrong? If she does not produce kittens by tonight I will take her to the emergency vet

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you call the vet and ask for advice? Can you see her having contractions? Any babies yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blumorpho9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you call the vet and ask for advice? Can you see her having contractions? Any babies yet?
No babies yet. and I did not call the vet should I call emergency?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat broke her own water, the sac was hanging out her vagina 12:54PM
it’s 6:04PM and she hasn’t had a kitten yet. She is leaking fluid mixed with blood it’s not a lot but I see the spots of Fluid on the blanket constantly licking her genitalia. I feel kittens moving
Between 2PM and 6:04She ate when I offered her food and water & She’s peed twice and pooped once
She’s still affectionate doesn’t seem stressed or in pain.
what could be wrong? If she does not produce kittens by tonight I will take her to the emergency vet
The water may go before delivery and they still may deliver healthy kittens. We had such here.

Give her calcium rich foods.

Touchy yes but hopefully not emergency.

IF you have access to a vet, try to phone.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things now?

Kittens develop in two horns - one on each side. The horn is filled with fluid, plus the kitten is in its own sac pf waters. Communicate with your vet as to whether she needs to come in or to wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blumorpho9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, sadly she gave birth to 3 still borns and one still alive. Not sure if if the kitten is going to survive I hear a little cracking noise when it’s breathing sometimes, kitten sleeps a lot and it’s Not nursing. Momma doesn’t reject it but, she doesn’t want to be near it as much unless I’m in the room with her. I cut the cord and ripped the sack when kitten was born. Momma has been eating, drinking, & peeing fine. been communicating with my vet I can’t get there as they will be closed. Vet gave me instructions on how to care for kitten right now to make it through till tomorrow. Emergency vet is too expensive. Declined for care credit. :/

I don’t know what went wrong :( I made sure her pregnancy went well and stress free kittens moved ALOT . Vet said it’s a possibility she has FLV or FIV or infection in utero. Her appointment for spay is marched 30th. I feel bad for momma cat and I am upset but I don’t ever want to deal with something like this again.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"...... I hear a little cracking noise when it’s breathing sometimes,.........."

Its this a symptom of pneumonia/URI?

Would other TCS members please comment?