Assisi loop for stomatitis

Ellereh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My cat mr. orange sufferers from stomatitis and I’ve been looking into assisI loops to manage his inflamed gums. In a few weeks he is going to get the rest of his teeth extracted and two weeks before I’m not allowed to give him any of the products I use to manage his pain to him. Which will cause him to deteriorate really bad. My question is do the loops actually work and is the website legitimate because I don’t feel comfortable dropping so much money on a bad product.
thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A TENS unit is the closest way I can describe the way an Assisi loop works, though TENS works through a magnetic field moving between two disks, and an Assisi loop works through induction. There have been surprisingly few studies done on this. Most concluded there was little benefit, or not a great one anyway, most inconclusive. . But you can say the same for Cannabis oil too! For the price I would check around and see if there was a supplemental way, not narcotic, to help your boy, but of course, there would have to be vet approval. there were also some cheaper units on Amazon, but I would definitely study the reviews. you might get on here and ask how many other cat owners dealt with this problem as I know many cats have suffered from it. Cats seem to bounce back pretty quickly from the surgery and even eat hard food with no teeth! My Casper had two broken teeth pulled and acted like nothing had happened with no pain relievers. I wish you well and hope you keep us notified on how this all turns out!