Are my cats mixed Breed?

tatianam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is pippin and smokey. they're brothers that we adopted a few years back. every time we have visitors they talk about how huge they are just overall (they at also both about 17lbs). we never thought too much about it because they were our first ever cats so we thought that's just how cats look. however over the years we have gotten other cats and they are all A LOT smaller.

fast forward to today, dad took them to a new vet and said they were very fascinated with them and not only by how big they are, but apparently how their skull feels, the pattern on their face, and their teeth. now we are just curious. not trying to claim they're special or anything lol they can just be extra chunky i'm just really interested to see if anyone has some insight. any help would be great, thanks!

IMG_4471.png
IMG_8774.jpeg
View attachment IMG_2767.jpegView attachment IMG_1157.jpeg

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, they're stunning! I wonder if they have some Maine Coon in their lineage? The face shape is very similar

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The first one looks almost as a mini-puma / cougar / mountain leion, body / head wise.... :)

Of course, no real connection.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, they're stunning! I wonder if they have some Maine Coon in their lineage? The face shape is very similar
I had the same thought. The broad noses are very Maine Coon looking, especially in that first picture, so there might be a Maine Coon somewhere in their background, hence the size. Of course, as (I assume) they're rescues and technically domestic shorthairs, we'll never know for sure. They're two very handsome boys, anyway.