Appropriate Cat Litter For Kittens

arctiguins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Me againnn.

Wondering what is a good type of litter for kittens?

I use cat’s best oko plus original cat litter for my adult cats. It’s clumping but it disintegrates. Like it can be flushed down the toilet cause it turns back into pine dust. Would that be okay?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
you want non clumping for kittens...also i don't recommend flushing litter down toilet. Take it from me...one winter I was outside under the house using hair dryer to thaw the ice mess as it got stuck in the pipe...don't do it. I was using "flushable" cat litter too...didn't work so well for me..we got it unclogged but never put solid sand/dirt in pipes-it won't end well.

I use 3 grocery store plastic bags inside each other to collect the "waste" from the cat box twice a day.

kittens have a bad habit of eating litter..eating clumping litter would cause more problems. Stick with unscented non clumping litter. Walmart sells one in a red back for $3 to $4-it's a huge bag...it will need to be dumped every 4 to 5 days as it gets stinky from the urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arctiguins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info!

Oh yes I don’t flush it down the toilet, was just stating that the consistency of the litter disintegrates back to pine dust when wet.

I’ll have to look around! I live in Asia and there is no Walmart. Haha