appetite stimulant stronger than mirataz?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By stepping back, I’m trying to not be as involved in her feedings. Letting her be more self-sufficient. I live alone so no one else will be feeding her. We did get an automatic feeder, but she really doesn’t show any interest in it. Think we’ve had it for four months and I don’t think she’s even sniffed it or the food that it spits out every night.

I agree with you on the consequences if I would try and rehome her. She really doesn’t like other humans. None of my friends or family have ever seen her because she just gets so terrified when anyone else is around. even the Vet has to be very careful in the exams to not spook her and to coach the techs that are with her because the cat is just terrified. i’m not sure if rehoming her would be a humane option.

I appreciate your response. I thought it made a lot of sense. I saw nothing in it that would make me want to not converse or that was even mildly upsetting. I do appreciate it. We are trying to figure out how to change this dynamic and it’s a real pickle. I honestly don’t know if we can do it but we spent two years already trying to figure this out, so what’s another two years right?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You already know trying to force her to be self-sufficient isn't the answer. You were trying that to no avail two years ago, and I think you have really been trying that angle all along. This is all on you finding a way to cope with how you feel and feed her as she needs to be fed, for now and maybe for some time to come. Once you can get over that BIG hump, I think she will respond accordingly. Maybe it is a matter of walking away when you feel the frustration mounting, but not before talking sweetly and softly to her along with some loving pets. Then come back after you have had a time out for yourself. Of course, this would need to be repeated as needed.

I won't go into details now, but I am facing something similar with Feeby - just not about her food, and probably not her behavior either. Her howling has become incessant to the point I feel like I want to choke her. There is nothing that has been identified to be causing it, so it may be dementia. I am going to have to take the lesson I am preaching to you to heart myself.