Anyone seen cat stool like this?

Iveyisabella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed my cats stool being very strange and dry also white spots? I don’t know what that could be. I’m not sure if it’s just from being out too long because I googled it and heard it could be mold if using a closed in littler box without any circulation but it doesn’t look like it. I’m beyond worried. I tried looking up similar photos on google and found nothing that looked like her stool. Which is odd. First three are when it’s completely dry. If anyone has seen this before let me know. 😔

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you recently changed your cats’ diet from high carb/filler food to a high protein diet? That could explain the change in texture (though the colour is a bit light for that). Is your cat showing signs of dehydration? The white specs just look like pieces of the litter stuck to the stool to me.

If you’re concerned, you could always try sending the photos to your vet for a remote consult over the phone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Iveyisabella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, yes I meant the big white areas on her stool I’ve never seen that before. I haven’t changed her food at all just giving her canned food sometimes. So I’m not sure what’s going on. Thanks for your help I’ll definitely talk to my vet.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks dried out to me, def show a pic to dvm and see what they say. Try adding some pumpkin in for the dryness. I found this on white cat poop- it could be worms so test his stool, it could be lack of bile as well, or it could be dried out and or fungus like you thought.

White Cat Poop: Why Is My Cat's Poop White?

Last edited: