Anyone pre diabetic?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sold on the intermittent fasting and I don't think it would help with keeping blood sugar levels steady.
It's probably not a good idea for someone who's already diabetic, but it can be good for insulin resistance, and maybe prediabetes, depending how advanced it is. There are also different ways to do it, some more extreme than others. The moderate way to do it is 16/8, which means you don't eat for 16 hours of the day; there's only an 8-hour window in which you consume food and caloric drinks (let's say noon-8pm). Supposedly letting your stomach/intestines fully empty and digest is one of the biggest benefits, plus it can regulate insulin levels because insulin spikes every time you eat so if it doesn't spike at all for 16 full hours a day it can sort itself out.

Of course there are people who take it to extremes, like everything else in the world.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My blood sugar been in 80s to 90s. I hope that's good. I have given up on pastries and 1 month on this diet. Lost 3 pounds. I still never gave up my caramel macchiato I just don't drink alot but small mini cups. If I keep this up I could lose more pound and maybe my a1c whatever it's called will be low

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My blood sugar been in 80s to 90s. I hope that's good. I have given up on pastries and 1 month on this diet. Lost 3 pounds. I still never gave up my caramel macchiato I just don't drink alot but small mini cups. If I keep this up I could lose more pound and maybe my a1c whatever it's called will be low
That is excellent! I go for my six month A1C tomorrow and it ALWAYS makes me nervous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They testing me in 3 months here. I'm doing so good. I still want a pastery but I'm to motivated and happy