Anyone into Game of Thrones?

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched it, nor read the books (I am also that kind that likes to read the books first, but the problem is that I read so very very slowly, that I have many movies that I want to see.....after I read the book, whenever that will be!)

The crew was here in Iceland for quite a while towards the end of the year, to tape for season 2, something that is going on on the other side of the wall (I am just saying what I heard in the media here....I don't know anything about that wall....), and after seeing what they were doing, I am really interesting to see this.

So I should maby start reading, or at least see season 1.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isomething that is going on on the other side of the wall (I am just saying what I heard in the media here....I don't know anything about that wall....),

I don't know what wall either. There are lots of walls from what I could see in the show.

The only storyline that really interests me is the girl and the dragons.  So I'll concentrate my efforts in season 2 with trying to keep up with her storyline. 

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm almost finished with the first book (hopefully within the week), my biggest problem is that I am quite a slow reader and the books are all so long, it takes more forever to get through. 

As for season 2, I really hope they continue to stay true to the books.  I find that a lot of shows that are based on book series start off similarly to the books, but then as the stories progress, the show kind of takes on a life of its own.  I just hope they are able to maintain the intergrity of the books.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I bought the (so far) 4 book series at Costco a month or so again. Am now half way thru book 2.  Can't wait for the HBO series to start up again.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost finished with the first book (hopefully within the week), my biggest problem is that I am quite a slow reader and the books are all so long, it takes more forever to get through. 

As for season 2, I really hope they continue to stay true to the books.  I find that a lot of shows that are based on book series start off similarly to the books, but then as the stories progress, the show kind of takes on a life of its own.  I just hope they are able to maintain the intergrity of the books.
In on of the interwievs with the cast, when they were over here to film, someone said they didn't want to give to much away, but some people who made it in the books, would not make it in the show and vice versa. I found that strange, to have the story so much different, that different people were surviving.

If the books are so long, I should maybe lay off the "need" to read the books first!  I never saw more than 3 Harry Potter films, because I haven't read more books, started book 4, but didn't get far as I stopped and lost the thread.

I don't know what wall either. There are lots of walls from what I could see in the show.

The only storyline that really interests me is the girl and the dragons.  So I'll concentrate my efforts in season 2 with trying to keep up with her storyline. 
The only thing I  know about this wall, is that beyond the wall, (what they were taping here) it is very cold and snowy, as they were taping by the root of a glacier in the snowy nature.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I  know about this wall, is that beyond the wall, (what they were taping here) it is very cold and snowy, as they were taping by the root of a glacier in the snowy nature.
Ah, ok. There is a wall in a snowy place where they defend against some kind of monster(s). That's as much as I know about it.  It seems kind of a pointless storyline given the number of stories and plots and characters they have in the show.