Anyone feeding raw/ homemade ?

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I'm curious if anyone is feeding raw and/or homemade diet for their cats ?
Also curious about this type of feeding for kittens !
Thank you in advance :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to raw and homemade feeding. It's here: Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food

I feed a mix of raw and wet food to one of mine. The other cat started refusing raw and homemade so now is strictly on wet food.

I know there are people who immediately start their kittens on raw...they know nothing else.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as you are confident in the balance of the food you are feeding, it’s fine to feed raw foods to kittens whenever they show an interest in solid foods. The key is to feed several meals a day (at least 4), and let them eat as much as they want. Expect that amount to increase as they grow, of course.

Once they get closer to their teenage size, you can guage how much they eat in a day and level off the portions accordingly. Even then, they will still have a good appetite!
Re-evaluate their portions again when they get to full adult size. Depending on size and activity level, some cats may actually eat less at that point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to raw and homemade feeding. It's here: Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food

I feed a mix of raw and wet food to one of mine. The other cat started refusing raw and homemade so now is strictly on wet food.

I know there are people who immediately start their kittens on raw...they know nothing else.
thank you! I somehow missed to see it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
As long as you are confident in the balance of the food you are feeding, it’s fine to feed raw foods to kittens whenever they show an interest in solid foods. The key is to feed several meals a day (at least 4), and let them eat as much as they want. Expect that amount to increase as they grow, of course.

Once they get closer to their teenage size, you can guage how much they eat in a day and level off the portions accordingly. Even then, they will still have a good appetite!
Re-evaluate their portions again when they get to full adult size. Depending on size and activity level, some cats may actually eat less at that point.
thank you!!