Anyone Experience A Kitten Who Changed From Playing Constantl

Roxane0470

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my 12 week old Oreo seems to have decided she prefers chilling with me and cuddling over running around and causing havoc. Her appetite is normal although she seems to be sleeping a bit more. She is also growing pretty fast and at her last week appointment she was already at 4.8 lbs. She still enjoys playing but seems like her main interest is snuggling with me. Should I be concerned? Other than not playing as much she seems to be good.

echo.rory.noodles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our kitten Noodles is the same way, as is his brother/littermate! They play with each other and with toys for a little bit throughout the day but then they come and snuggle with me or with each other. They’re totally healthy otherwise. Our 1 year old cat, Rory, was similar when she was a kitten as well. I wouldn’t be concerned if she’s acting normal otherwise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roxane0470

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our kitten Noodles is the same way, as is his brother/littermate! They play with each other and with toys for a little bit throughout the day but then they come and snuggle with me or with each other. They’re totally healthy otherwise. Our 1 year old cat, Rory, was similar when she was a kitten as well. I wouldn’t be concerned if she’s acting normal otherwise
Good to know that Oreo isn't the only one. It's been 6 years since I had a kitten. I have older cats and a one and a half year old I adopted, so have to relearn kitten behavior a bit.

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah Buddy is doing the same thing. The good thing is his sister Missy is still very playful and engages him in play.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoy the cuddles while you can, most outgrow that too! She is at the age when she is starting to mature a little. It can really vary from kitten to kitten, some remain playful even through adulthood and some become couch potatoes with the occasional 'cat crazies' or 'cat frenzy'. Get her spayed as soon as you can, you don't want all those hormones changing her more. Bless you for giving her a home and braving the kitten months once again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roxane0470

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Enjoy the cuddles while you can, most outgrow that too! She is at the age when she is starting to mature a little. It can really vary from kitten to kitten, some remain playful even through adulthood and some become couch potatoes with the occasional 'cat crazies' or 'cat frenzy'. Get her spayed as soon as you can, you don't want all those hormones changing her more. Bless you for giving her a home and braving the kitten months once again!
Will definitely get her spayed after she finishes her shots, which her next shot is this coming Friday. Also plan on getting her microchipped when getting her fixed.