Anymore Kittens??

Mdeal799

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot. My cat had her kittens today. She had the first one at 5 pm and by 7pm she had 3 more, so a total of 4 so far. I can definitely feel at least 1 more. But she hasn't had it yet. How long do I need to wait until I should call the vet or take her in? It's 10 pm now. She seems to be doing fine, she is nursing the babies and she even ate a little bit. I'm just starting to get a little worried.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No need to worry! As long as she is doing fine and not in distress just wait it out. If she has another kitten it will come when her body is ready. Kittens can even be born days apart.

Sometimes cats feel lumpy like there is another kitten when it's just the uterus that needs to shrink back down. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mdeal799

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah she seeems to be doing great. She doesn't look like she is in any distress or anything. I read that they could have them a couple hours apart but i didn't know it could be days? Thank you for the help, I can sleep better tonight now knowing she will be ok

Attachments

Mdeal799

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it looks just like her :)
They are all doing fine today, I can still feel 1 more baby inside tho, it seems ok too, very active. Hope she has the rest today

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they are doing well!

Can you keep mom and babies 100% inside until the kittens have weaned? Do you plan to spay after this litter?

Mdeal799

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes they will stay inside. She was a stray that I took in, I was going to get her fixed when we decided to keep her and found out she was pregnant. I am definitely getting her fixed as soon as I can :)