Anybody off work on Friday for Veterans Day?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm off on Friday, but Rick has to work.

I think I'll start to decorate our kitchen for Christmas. We have Winterberry dishes by Pfaltzgraf that we use as our Christmas dishes. I usually get everything out on Veterans Day and then keep them out until around the end of February, sometimes the beginning of March. It makes the kitchen look very festive, all dressed in the holiday colors.

We're debating about putting up our Tacky White Tree (TWT) in the kitchen this year. We put it up last year and Mollipop was still very kittenish and we lost more than a few blue balls. (Our TWT is always done in nothing but blue balls and blue and white lights) And now, we have Tabby and that girl is quite the tomboy....er, tomkitty? Honestly she's into something all the time...she's lucky she's so cute or she'd be in big trouble!

So that will probably be my Friday, just working in the kitchen and getting ready for Christmas. And yes, I know....Thanksgiving isn't even here yet! But it's just the dishes really.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to sound like a total idiot....but I'm not sure if I do or not! That is a good question! Is the PO open on Fri?

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH is off. He's off for every Federal holiday. :( Me, I'm working. As usual. Actually, i'll be flying so it will be even more exhausting.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess since no mail is delivered that day, I do have the day off. I think I'll spend it resting up for the back-up of Christmas catalogs that will be waiting for me to deliver on Sat along with the Sat mail. *sigh*

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm off (Remembrance day in Canada), so I'll be spending the day/rest of the weekend Christmas shopping and decorating the house for the holidays. Both my mother AND my sister have their houses fully decorated and trees up, so I'm a bit behind this year 

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have it off school, and the 12th is my dad's birthday, so he and my sister are coming down to visit me. :D

We're doing Magic Kingdom (Disneyworld) on Friday, and then on Saturday and Sunday there's a music festival right here in Orlando with a ton of awesome bands that all 3 of us love. I'm so excited! For me it's just a stay-cation, but hey. Disneyworld! :clap:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being a stay-at-home-mom, there are no days off!  
  It would really be nice though!  DH works too.  Lately my Mom has been taking my DD on Fridays (so I do get some downtime, it just goes quick!) but this week my step-dad is taking a guy he works with and his girlfriend flying so he asked Mom to come.  I'm not sure if they will come get her after that.  I could use the quiet time!  I'd love to decorate; but we still haven't painted the house and if I want it done before the holidays I have to wait.  I did pick up some cute things this weekend at a craft fair.  I'm dying to put them out!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also a stay at home mom, so in addition to the usual, the kids are all home, along with some extra sleepovers. DH had to go in to work, since his job has no bearing on federal holidays. Since the kids are all sleeping, I'm going for my run at first light, so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for the chaos that is bound to be my fate.

I feel an executive order to rake leaves is coming for those little sleepy heads!! They will be so pleased. Bwahahahahahaha!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have the day off :( Boo. Could really have used a holiday day off this week. I always use the argument that we do government work, but don't get the same holidays :lol3:

The hubby works as well. Owning his own business, he doesn't get days off unless he decides to take them.

One of the counties here has school today too, because of the hurricane Irene scare. They are using today to make up the day they had off then.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes.  I'm off soon to get a haircut and possibly a manicure and pedicure--we're going to the Marine Corps Ball tomorrow night!!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a stay at home cat mom. :lol3: No rest today though. I couldn't sleep and was up at 3:30. I've already been to Wal-Mart and need to get back to cleaning the house again today. Aaron is working from home today, so I'll have to kick him upstairs so I can clean the downstairs. :lol3:

If I didn't host Thanksgiving, I think I would have to give into the temptation and put up a few Christmas Decorations. As it is, my house has all the fall decorations up. It's like a Fall explosion in my house. :lol3: I wonder how many decorate for Fall. That could be a thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the paper plant, the only holidays we were guaranteed off were Labor Day and Christmas....that was it.

I'm thankful now to have a job where I can actually have the holiday off work!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a stay at home meomy right now.... just a few dog-walks now and again for some old clients. Actually, holiday's are the money making dog-walking days. Most people I know had to work today though... :(