Any uusual Stories or signs that gave you comfort?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K kalico - The universe made the decision for us. He unfortunately threw a blood clot, and so we had to put him down. Our vet had warned us at the time of diagnosis, that in his condition, there would be no coming back from that, no matter where the clot traveled to. Thankfully we noticed it just as it happened, so he did not suffer for very long, before the medication took his pain away and we had a few moments to say goodbye, before the vet gave him the final injection. Sorry, I wish I had a better ending to tell you. And I'm so sorry about your kitty.:alright: It's not easy to see them decline, and "know" when the time should be.

kalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
K kalico - The universe made the decision for us. He unfortunately threw a blood clot, and so we had to put him down. Our vet had warned us at the time of diagnosis, that in his condition, there would be no coming back from that, no matter where the clot traveled to. Thankfully we noticed it just as it happened, so he did not suffer for very long, before the medication took his pain away and we had a few moments to say goodbye, before the vet gave him the final injection. Sorry, I wish I had a better ending to tell you. And I'm so sorry about your kitty.:alright: It's not easy to see them decline, and "know" when the time should be.
Thank you for your story Jem. I'm sorry to hear of this ending but glad you were able to make your kitty's passing relatively quick.

My cat is not responding to Lasix like she used to - maybe my injection needle length is too short? - and her breathing is constantly laboured. I am considering euthanizing her this week but it's so hard.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry, :hijack:.

K kalico - If you want me to answer anymore questions about our boy, by all means, go right ahead a start a new thread. But I wanted to post this for you and share what happened.

When we first got the diagnosis, his symptoms were not eating and labored breathing. After many tests, and after getting the fluid drained from his chest and lungs, he was put on many meds (including a lasix). He did very well for about 2 months, but then he started to be less active, and eating less.

So back to the vet and we were given an appetite stimulant. It sort of helped, but then after being on the stimulant about 2 weeks, which was also about 2 weeks before his passing, he started with the labored breathing again, and it progressively got worse, so we went to the vet and they agreed to drain the fluid again, because he did so well the first time (it was a Friday, exactly one week prior to his passing).

This time though, they told us that the reason the lasix was not working efficiently, is that the fluid was very "cellular" (contained, more than just "water"). But they were hopeful, as we were, that he would rally again like the first time after being drained, and at least give us a couple months.

He did not bounce back like he did the first time, and continued to not eat and be lethargic, but we wanted to give him a few days to recover and see, so we syringe fed him and continued with the medications. It was the next week that he threw the clot.

Even if Hank had not thew the clot when he did (it was a Friday), I think he was telling us he was done. I was planning on bringing him in the following Monday, due to the not eating, and not recovering even with the syringe feeding. But being the impatient little bugger that he always was :p, the decision was made then.

So long story short, if the lasix are not working, you could ask your vet if they can drain her chest, she may benefit from it.

The other thing I will say is that if she is not eating, or eating less and less, it may be time. In our case though, the not eating was always a challenge with him, as he had a history of not eating for various reasons, but always rallied. It was like the "boy who cried wolf" scenario, that is why I held off for the week and was going to wait till the Monday.

I hope the details I've given you help provide you with some insight. And again, I'm so sorry for your little one, and you. I pray her passing is calm and comfortable. :heartshape:

kalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry, :hijack:.

K kalico - If you want me to answer anymore questions about our boy, by all means, go right ahead a start a new thread. But I wanted to post this for you and share what happened.

I hope the details I've given you help provide you with some insight. And again, I'm so sorry for your little one, and you. I pray her passing is calm and comfortable. :heartshape:
Thank you so much for your time and your kind words Jem. Really, really appreciated. This is just an awful time but it's good to hear others' stories to try to make an informed decision, or at least understand every possible outcome.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I will share this and hope it can bring a bit of help and comfort.

I have been in deep pain lately, having to say goodbye to 2 of my beloved furbabies within 10 days.
My Crumpy had to leave because of lymph node cancer and at the same time my Azimut had a stroke that left him blind. We tried various medication in the hope he would recover, but whilst his balance came back, his sight didn't, and he just didn't have the quality of life he used to enjoy. He bravely stayed with me another 10 days, but by then I could see he was declining and I had to let him go.
Calling the vet to the house for the second time and knowing how much he would be scared was agony, but I had to do it.
This was last monday.
Since then, I've been in a very dark place in my heart, praying for a sign that they were ok and happy.
Nothing happened.
Until last night.
My Azimut always had one of his back claws growing crooked, which made a distinct sound on our wooden floors when he walked. A click-click.
Last night, in the middle of the night, I woke and heard this sound. Now, I know it was a 'real' sound because it was so, well, real - I would guess it might have been a small twig tapping on the window, but whatever it was, the sound was identical, and the rythm was identical and it made me think "that is exactely like my Azimut" - at wich point a few words from a song just jumped in my head, as clear as anything (this song I hadn't heard in ages, never even thought about in ages, just a song that I happened to know....)

And those few words said: "We are free, we are young".

The sense of comfort I got for the first time in days was just unbelievable.
And when I thought about it during the day, it brought a smile to my face.
When I looked up the rest of the song online, the full sentence says :

"We are free, we are young, we are free, we're allright"

Thank you my little ones - I love you so much.
Till we meet again.
This started out so sad but ended up to be wonderful, they are still with you and always will be, I am so sorry for your losses.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless........:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, it's been 3 long days since I lost my darling Little Bean. I am so grateful I can come over to these forums and know......just know you all understand.
Anyway, she left me on Thursday and that night, I was almost asleep and OMG!! I ABSOLUTELY felt her on the foot of my bed, where she slept each night, for so long. I jumped all the way awake and actually sat up and felt the end of the bed, because I thought my other cat Kelsie had jumped up there (and she NEVER has done that--ever!) But, Kelsie was not on my bed and I felt no cat there at all, when I felt around on the blanket. But, I truly did feel a cat bouncing over my ankles, just like Little Bean did, every night, after I was already settled in for a night's sleep!! I did NOT imagine it. To see here, that others have felt this exact same thing after they lost their dearest cats, oh...…..so comforting to my soul! Thank you for starting this thread on this subject!!!

HeatherG86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes they can.
I believe a lot of seeing or feeling anything has to be with the person too. So many of us are dulled by the day to day of life that we miss a lot our pets or young children pick up on.
I have felt, thought i saw and thought have heard many things over the years. The one i would like to share with you is about a cat that i found injured. my most recent experience.

Living in Western NY it gets cooold in the winter. One morning late March a couple years ago it was cold and rainy. the worst combination. anyway, the traffic at the stop light was just enough to put me at the spot near a driveway to a doctors office. I happen to look out the passengerâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s side window and spot a "Morris" looking tabby all huddled next to the curb. Knowing it was alive and knowing it had to be injured to be so close to the road, i immediately pulled over and got out to check on the poor guy. He had been hit by a car. the impact was on his head. his jaw was broken and the pallid of his mouth was shattered. but he was very much alive. He was scared beyond belief but let me comfort him. I took off my coat and flannel shirt to give him a bed, i was scared to move him but i had to get him away from the cars. I carried him to the parking lot and begged for help with no luck. I did not think he would make it but i was not going to give up. Not knowing what to do i sat with him and gave him the warmth of my body and the best amount of love i could huddled against the rain. We sat both cold in the rain, then he began to purr. It was a sweet tender purr, even with the blood coming out of his nose in little bubbles. He looked up at me, best he could and just purred his heart out. I found a small cardboard box and lined it with my jacket and shirt. Even through the trauma of moving him, he never flinched at my efforts.
Finally a car pulled over with a women on her way to work who saw me and the cat. She worked at a local vet. THANK GOD i thought. I gave her my phone # and told her do everything you can. I will pay anything just save this poor little guy. She took him away.
That entire DAY all i could think about was that poor suffering creature. still waters my eyes. anyway, sitting at work i finally get enough composure to focus on some work late in the day. As i was sitting there staring at the computer screen i swear i hear this purr behind me. I look and nothing. i sit quiet and nothing. so i shake my head in my cubical and try to refocus. Then i hear it again. I feel this sad emotional rush inside me and tears water my eyes and the purr stops.
Shortly there after i got a phone call from the kind vet tech who tried to help us both. She informed me that they did all they could. She mentioned that the Vet was surprised that the cat obviously had a strong will to live. That encouraged vet to at least try. after all no one even knew who the cat belonged to. The damage to the poor little tiger's head was just too much. he got a terrible fever and purred his last purr when the vet put him to sleep for the last time. I was so thankful to hear that the vet at least tried instead of taking the easy way out and euthanizing it.
I cannot explain why i think that purr was him saying thank you and goodbye.
but i KNOW i heard it. in an office cubical complex with no animals anywhere i just cant explain it.

The last thing I can think to add, is that purr I heard has comforted me and haunted me. As every other experience ive had with dogs and cats over the years who crossed the bridge.
But I think if your heart is open to the experience and your mind isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t closed to things unknown, you will have a good chance of experiencing an extrasensory encounter with your 4 legged friend.
This was so moving. I just put my love of my life to rest tonite and she did the same thing. She had so much fluid in her lungs that they didnt want to take her from the oxygen box. They gave her the sedative and she dozed off within 2 minutes. The whole time my husband and I pet her through the hole and comforted her. In her daze she slightly perked up and looked at me the entire time purring softly watching me as I told her how much I loved her. That purr I felt was her way of telling me "thank you I love you"

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This was so moving. I just put my love of my life to rest tonite and she did the same thing. She had so much fluid in her lungs that they didnt want to take her from the oxygen box. They gave her the sedative and she dozed off within 2 minutes. The whole time my husband and I pet her through the hole and comforted her. In her daze she slightly perked up and looked at me the entire time purring softly watching me as I told her how much I loved her. That purr I felt was her way of telling me "thank you I love you"
I am sorry for your loss. You are right, she was thanking you and saying "it's okay, Ill be alright now, I love you and thank you...."

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart: