Any Products To Heal Scratches On Hand From Kitten Scratches?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know any good products for helping your hand heal from kitten scratches? Not worried about medical issues. But my hand currently has a lot of scratches form a recent kitten fosters.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you just now got scratched, I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom , the best thing is just regular soap and water, and wash it really well, as quickly as you can. Usually if I get cat scratches thoroughly washed right away, they don't bother me. If I delay washing them, they'll become more red, raised, and itchy.

If you've had these scratches for a while and they are still bothering you, I would wash them again with soap and water, and then use antibiotic ointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
If it were me, I'd probably just wash the hand/skin really well with soap and water :)
Yeah it's not so much me worrying I'll get sick, I just can't have a bunch of scratches on my hand because of workplace.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you just now got scratched, I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom , the best thing is just regular soap and water, and wash it really well, as quickly as you can. Usually if I get cat scratches thoroughly washed right away, they don't bother me. If I delay washing them, they'll become more red, raised, and itchy.

If you've had these scratches for a while and they are still bothering you, I would wash them again with soap and water, and then use antibiotic ointment.
They're not bothering me, I just need some sort of cream or something to help the scratches heal faster cause I work in a professional setting and I can't go around with a bunch of scratches on my hand.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if you can force them to heal faster... if they are not bothering you, but you just need to hide them, maybe you can put some kind of concealer on them?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might be better consuming a vitamin supplement, or fish oil to promote healing?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if you can force them to heal faster... if they are not bothering you, but you just need to hide them, maybe you can put some kind of concealer on them?
Okay, just wondering if there was a cream that would help out.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds crazy but. . .take a handful of Crisco or coconut oil (or some other oil or just plain lotion, whatever you have around), add a spoonful of plain white sugar, and rub it all over your hands until the sugar is dissolved, then put on some disposable gloves and let it sit for a few hours. It stings! A lot! But it does seem to help healing.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I get them often because the Vincie girl will only tolerate so much combing.

• As soon as you're scratched, pour straight peroxide on the scratches. Do it over the sink. Wash scratched area often.
  • Then I slather the scratches with NeoSporin and A&D ointment.
  • I know someone who had a lot of scars from surgery and his doc said A&D worked well on scars. I've been using it ever since and it works well. I apply Neo and A&D about 4 times daily. A&D is found in the baby section.