Any K-12 Teachers Here?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's sort of depressing :/. But nice of them.

I wonder how they'll verify homeschooling parents? :headscratch:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure. Isn't there a TCS member who does homeschooling? I would think a homeschooling parent would have to be, for a lack of a better word, registered with the state education system so the state can make sure the kids are getting a proper education and the education records can be confirmed if the kids go off to college.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think a homeschooling parent would have to be, for a lack of a better word, registered with the state education system
Not required in some (most? Not sure of current laws) states. But that is probably what Target will require for the discount.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pre-k here. I do have my teacher id somewhere in my wallet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a teacher, but just wanted to post to give huge props to all who are, especially those who truly care and are committed not only to teaching excellence, but to those they teach.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I homeschool my kiddos. I haven't looked into Target but ACMoore has given me a discount a couple times. I always feel awkward asking for it and I only have when I'm buying school stuff. My school is registered with the state so every year I get a letter verifying that from the Department of Education. Every state is different though. At AcMoore I just showed the letter. One person said we can/should just make our own ID cards. I usually keep my current letter in my wallet just in case someone asks why my kids are out and about at 1pm on a Tuesday. No one ever has. :lol:

I probably shouldn't feel awkward and avoid asking for the discount. I'm in the middle of selecting and buying next years books. :dizzy: I've hit some deals on good used ones; but sometimes I just don't. Any savings adds up!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I homeschool my kiddos. I haven't looked into Target but ACMoore has given me a discount a couple times. I always feel awkward asking for it and I only have when I'm buying school stuff. My school is registered with the state so every year I get a letter verifying that from the Department of Education. Every state is different though. At AcMoore I just showed the letter. One person said we can/should just make our own ID cards. I usually keep my current letter in my wallet just in case someone asks why my kids are out and about at 1pm on a Tuesday. No one ever has. :lol:

I probably shouldn't feel awkward and avoid asking for the discount. I'm in the middle of selecting and buying next years books. :dizzy: I've hit some deals on good used ones; but sometimes I just don't. Any savings adds up!
Heck no, don't ever feel reticent to save money, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles -- with all the stuff we're being reamed over, we might as well try to save when and where we can and you're certainly within your rights to do so!
Recently I became aware of programs the utilities have for low income customers and you better believe I applied. It's just a little bit off, but every bit helps.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heck no, don't ever feel reticent to save money, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles -- with all the stuff we're being reamed over, we might as well try to save when and where we can and you're certainly within your rights to do so!
Recently I became aware of programs the utilities have for low income customers and you better believe I applied. It's just a little bit off, but every bit helps.
I know I shouldn't. Maybe I SHOULD just get id cards made. They would be good to have for other places. It's not as if there aren't plenty of private and charter schools and things in the area. We fall under the private category. I pay school taxes and don't utilize the services myself (which I'm fine with) but I don't get any tax breaks or write offs for saving the schools money either. ;)

I'm working on getting my info verified with Target's program. My letters from the state don't have my name on them; just all the other pertinent information. :headscratch:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I shouldn't. Maybe I SHOULD just get id cards made. They would be good to have for other places. It's not as if there aren't plenty of private and charter schools and things in the area. We fall under the private category. I pay school taxes and don't utilize the services myself (which I'm fine with) but I don't get any tax breaks or write offs for saving the schools money either. ;)

I'm working on getting my info verified with Target's program. My letters from the state don't have my name on them; just all the other pertinent information. :headscratch:
You're an educator. I'd get the ID if I were you. You're absolutely entitled to this.