Any Ideas On How To Keep My Cat Out Of A Certain Area?

erikaash27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

So I have to go home to my parent's house in a couple days and stay there for a few weeks and I will be bringing my cat. I will be at work basically for 10 hours of the day as well as my parents.

My mom doesn't want my cat roaming the house while we aren't there which leaves him stuck up in my room for most of the day. Which I think is so mean and I don't want to do that at all :( He's got a lot of energy and usually doesn't let me sleep at night (like I've written about in previous posts) and I can only imagine if he's stuck in a room all day, then that's only going to get worse. With work, I need to get up at 5:30 am and go to bed at around 10 pm and it's very important that I get sleep for this job.

Anyway, there's a long hallway that that is connected to my room and then an opening to the rest of the house. I'm trying to find something that can block that opening. That way, he can have a little more room to roam the house while no one is there during the day. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can use to block this opening? I'm trying to find something inexpensive. I've looked at pet gates, but none of them seem tall enough so I'd have to buy at least 2 and that'd be pretty expensive.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You can get a cheap piece of plywood cut to the size you want at any home lumber/hardware store. You can use duct tape along the sides so that it doesn't damage the walls too. Good luck!