Any cat experts know if my cat is pregnant?

Kav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few weeks ago in maybe early or late January my female cat, Nala had mated with our other cat, Snickers. I wasnt entirely sure if she got pregnant or not but recently I noticed she could be pinking? Keep in mind her nipples use to be way smaller but I have no idea if she is and I'd like to know if she is and possibly what stage she could be in
IMG_20240226_070819630.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Teats usually pink up day 21 so its prob not pinking. She may of course be preg anyway...

Do you wish kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Teats usually pink up day 21 so its prob not pinking. She may of course be preg anyway...

Do you wish kittens?
I do would like kittens since I genuinely adore cats in general but I'd have to only keep 3 at most. And it has been awhile since she was in heat and mated so I think she is but I have no idea

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is pregnant she might be 3-4 weeks along, especially if she mated in late January. You’ll know more in a couple of weeks because cats begin to show after the fifth week.

How old is your cat? Do you plan to neuter your male cat now?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do would like kittens since I genuinely adore cats in general but I'd have to only keep 3 at most. And it has been awhile since she was in heat and mated so I think she is but I have no idea
IF you get kittens, you can of course adopt out these you dont have place for... Just screen off some, because kitten to a good home for free is dangerous for the kitten...

The alternative to getting yet another cat or two is to adopt... There are surely some shelter nearby whom will be happy to help you. :)

But why Im asking. If you dont want kittens, its not too late to spay abort... If the vet is experienced, its not medically difficult. Try to pick a vet whom use to cooperate with shelter; these vets are often very experienced.
Although ethically is touchy for many...

You must decide yourself!