Any advice on how to get a cat out of a tree??!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, the end of the story is that sometime between 1:30am and 3:30am, the little cat decided to leave its perch high in the tree and disappear off into the darkness.   The dogs were inside and most, if not all the cats were too, so after that long and frigid ordeal, I'm sure he/she hit the ground running.  Hopefully, he/she has a home somewhere and makes it back there safely, but we'll continue to keep an eye out for him/her.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help.  Hopefully this situation never arises again, but if it does, I'm now more experienced and better informed about what might, does and doesn't work.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Update!  Hope he/she made it safely with bones intact 

You're very responsible making sure the cat was going to be rescued

period. So frustrating when you're hands are tied, good efforts, glad kitty found it's way!

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the end of the story is that sometime between 1:30am and 3:30am, the little cat decided to leave its perch high in the tree and disappear off into the darkness.   The dogs were inside and most, if not all the cats were too, so after that long and frigid ordeal, I'm sure he/she hit the ground running.  Hopefully, he/she has a home somewhere and makes it back there safely, but we'll continue to keep an eye out for him/her.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help.  Hopefully this situation never arises again, but if it does, I'm now more experienced and better informed about what might, does and doesn't work.
Figured that would eventually happen. Good news.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Figured that would eventually happen. Good news.
Yes, I did too, I was just hoping I'd be out there when it came down so I could at least try to get it inside to warm up, fed and maybe even a nap before determining what kind of condition it was in (hopefully not hurt in any way) after at least 17 hours in the top of that tree.  I keep watching for it and worrying about it, but we haven't seen any sign of it.