Anxiety/boredom/stress Or Normal Cat Behavior

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I have 2 cat Oscar and Felix. They are almost 4, litter mates, fixed and declawed (I did not do it-they were like that when I got them!). Felix is the alpha but they play nice together, sleep together, cuddle and groom each other sometimes, use the box at the same time (sometimes) and eat together. Felix is fine to sit and watch the world go by out the window but Oscar spends a lot of his day wandering from room to room in my apartment checking stuff out (looking out windows, checking out sinks, sniffing the rug, patting toys, coming to say hi to me for a bit etc). He eventually settles down but not as fast as most of my prior cats. My question is is this something I should be worried about? Is he bored? Stressed? He doesn't pace or anything and he has plenty of toys (he loves-https://www.amazon.com/SmartyKat-Hot-Pursuit-Concealed-Motion/dp/B00EZTCW94 and ). I am a little extra paranoid about them because I have horrible anxiety to begin with and back in Nov. Oscar had some litter box issues (but we have been accident free for over a month-know on wood) and I just don't want to be missing any signs he is giving me like I missed the signs he was unhappy with his box (although to be fair he had every right to be unhappy with it-I was a bad mom litter box wise but that is fixed now).
Thanks everyone!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Its normal cat behavior. Cats do vary in energy level and some move more,than others. When he walks from room to room he is checking out his territory and making sure nothing has changed in his world. If you ever have looked at a big cat enclosure at a zoo you will see a well worn path around its perimeter as they do the same thing.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats, they all do a bit of this, some more than others. I think its normal, but if you are worried that he may be bored a little extra play time never hurts :) and even if he isn't bored, a little extra play time never hurts...lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its normal cat behavior. Cats do vary in energy level and some move more,than others. When he walks from room to room he is checking out his territory and making sure nothing has changed in his world. If you ever have looked at a big cat enclosure at a zoo you will see a well worn path around its perimeter as they do the same thing.
thanks so much-I was worried!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats, they all do a bit of this, some more than others. I think its normal, but if you are worried that he may be bored a little extra play time never hurts :) and even if he isn't bored, a little extra play time never hurts...lol
We play once or twice a day for like 10 minutes and when I'm working he has his motorized toy (and his brother) to play with. I will try to do more though. I also just bought them a big cat tree that should be here next week.