Another tragic day

hwydave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few months back I posted about my oldest son loosing his forever pal Happy when he went to be neutered. After all calmed down he went and adopted two beautiful 8 month old rescue kittens, the kittens are brothers and were just wonderful, one is orange his name is Azreal and the other black stripe his name is Storm. About two weeks ago Azreal developed a nasty discharge from both eyes and started acting lethargic. My son took him to the vet and they put him on an antibiotic and felt it was just a cold and he should be fine in a week or so. My son brought Az back to the vet for a recheck only to find that he has F.I.P. The vet has run blood tests and x-rayed Az and has told my son it is going to be fatal. I feel terrible for all involved Azreal my son, and Storm. The vet has scheduled Azreal's final visit for today at 1:00. We are all so broken hearted. I did a bit of research on this disease and there seems to be no hope, and he has faded dramatically in the last 4 days.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry for all of you. How sad. Poor Azreal. Unfortunately, this happens a lot. Azreal is luckier than a lot of FIP cats in that he knew a home and he has a family who loves him enough to send him over the bridge humanely, gently and with lots of love to help him get to his destination. 

RIP Azrael. Happy will be there to greet you. Storm will stay behind to help your family get through this. 

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry to read this news......such a cute little kitty. You never know, maybe there still is hope.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hwydave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for such kind words, Az was only with us a short time but we love him very much.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you so much for such kind words, Az was only with us a short time but we love him very much.
He loves you too and he always will. He and Happy will play and explore together over at the bridge until it's time for you to meet again. 

What you're doing for him is the ultimate act of selflessness. 
  I know this probably doesn't make it easier but it really is. You're being the friend he really needs right now. 

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss, how sad indeed...

Rest in peace dear Azreal...

(((hugs)))

hwydave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just returned from the vet :( for Azreals final visit. So sad and heartbreaking but he was suffering so much the poor little guy. I think my son will open his heart and home for another rescue in the future, he has decided that will be part of his life's mission to rescue cats that need him! I told him good choice! And I quoted from you good people here and said to him that Azreal had the most wonderful gift he could ask for and that was his forever home even though it was so much shorter then we could have ever imagined.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart breaks to think you have to go through another tragedy. It just isn't fair that it has to happen to one so young and so loved. I'm so glad that he indeed knew that someone loved him, even if it was for such a short while,  it was fate that he had some happiness in his life by coming into your life. Things happen in life that we just don't understand, I guess it wouldn't be life if we were able to control everything in it. This is something that is definitely out of your control. I pray that you are blessed for somehow finding the strength to end the pain and suffering that is inevitable with this horrible disease, and to once more go through the anguish of a broken heart. Thank you for letting us know of this brave little boy, in this way he will be kept alive in the hearts of all who care so deeply for these beautiful felines that capture our hearts with bonds that cannot be broken, even by death. RIP little one, the world will be a darker place without your shining spirit to fill it. Dearest Azreal,please try to comfort the inconsolable by sending a sign that you will be forever a part of a loving heart. 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was such a beautiful little boy, how heartbreaking to lose such a little one. I am sorry for your  loss.  Your son's mission is a noble one.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was so sorry to hear about the passing of this little one.  So heartbreaking, but so wonderful that his short little life ended in a home, with kind voices and loving hands.  And so especially wonderful that your son has made the choice to help those cats in need, even if it is painful to do so.  You have a special family.

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry about the loss of Azreal.   Earth has lost a beautiful creature but Heaven has gained a feline angel.  I know you will miss this kitty and you and your son are very special for opening your hearts to such little friend.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
FIP is a horrible disease. :( I'm very sorry for your son's loss and hope he finds comfort in the thought that he made Azreal's short time on earth one filled with love. :rbheart:

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my that wonderful picture just melts my heart.....I'm so sorry for the loss of little Azreal- Fly free little one and land softly.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry, for both you and your son.  Thank you for sharing the picture.  Azreal was beautiful.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember reading about Happy. So sorry you guys had to experience loss again so soon. Glad you were able to give a great home to this little angel, even though it was only for a short while.

hwydave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. He was such a little angel. My son is preparing to adopt another kitten soon. I will post when she arrives.