Another Successful Stray Pickup Delivered To The Vet Thankfully!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday morning I got an email from Theresa at the Cat Shack which is a local no kill shelter asking if I would be able to get a very young cat from Virginia's house; Virginia is the woman that I got Sylvester from 3.5 years ago and she lives in town in a small row home and unfortunately there are a lot of strays there and she has a heart of gold and feeds them, and a few months ago Theresa and another woman did some TNR over there and we also helped the 3 cats Virginia has indoors with fleas and other issues, one of them being Sylvester's sister. I work near there and the Cat Shack is about 45 minutes across town, so if they catch cats and the Cat Shack is willing to fund the money to have them fixed and put into foster care or re released I have no issue going there after work and taking them down the line, I did that months ago for a real cutie pie who is still in foster care because she is very shy and they said that makes placement harder but at least she is inside off the streets, and this little one yesterday was very young and very cute, it takes an awful lot for me not to take them in but we can't, we have had 9 for years and it is costly and it is a lot, but I am so thankful that we could at least get these two off the streets and inside. It is very stressful transporting them a good distance, they sometimes cry and it upsets me because they are upset, the faster you have to drive the worse they get lol! But I just talk to them and tell them "I know this is scary, but you will have a better life, you'll be okay", and some of the road we go about 45-50 and I have a 1987 Bronco and he isn't the most easy riding vehicle, but the job gets done!

I wish we could rescue every single one of them :rbheart:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love this! I've always wanted to volunteer at a rescue or animal welfare agency, but I can't even follow sites like the Dodo, because the stories haunt me and will literally keep me awake at night. I don't know how I would be if I saw it firsthand. But I've thought about at least volunteering to transport, that would be a way to contribute. Thank you for doing this! I think that sometimes favors or actions that are no big deal to us can make an enormous difference for the recipient - that goes for animals as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that sometimes favors or actions that are no big deal to us can make an enormous difference for the recipient - that goes for animals as well.
Thank you....after I took Sylvester in Deb got me a ceramic paperweight/door stop that reads "Saving one cat will not change the world, but for that one cat...the world will change forever.

I am glad to help these little ones out, and it also helps Virginia and her son as they don't drive plus it is one less for her to worry about, and she does worry about them, she truly cares for them all, a 69 year old woman with a heart of gold. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well guess what?! I got an email this morning from the woman at the Cat shack and she said that one of the vet techs at the vet fell in love with him and is going to foster him "with the possibility of failing" which means she will probably fail on purpose lol! I just called the vet and talked to the girl I dealt with Friday evening and she verified the story, that she loves him, he is only about 12-13 weeks old but they neutered him today but he is doing fine and is very friendly! This made my day, I just wanted to share the WONDERFUL news and I hope any in the future-and I'm sure that there will be more-turn out this way!!!

:D :yess: :thumbsup:

Sylvester is happy too lol!!!! :clapcat: