Anniversary

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was the year anniversary of losing my heart cat, Lily, and later this month it will be a year since I lost another baby of mine, Bamboo. I don't like the month of February! I still think about both of them every day. If there is one thing I have taken from this it is to always snuggle when they want to snuggle and treasure those odd little quirks they have. Even though I have hundreds of photos of them, I wish I had made more videos. So today, I want everyone on here to take a minute and really look at your cat(s), give them more than a distracted pet and maybe even take photos or videos of them. You never know when they will leave you.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aw, I'm sorry. Those anniversaries are tough. And that's good advice to not take our kitty snuggles for granted. :catlove:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took the guilt of how I raised our previous cats to make me really appreciate Boone and Gracie. I think I only have 1-2 pictures of them. I have about 10,000 of Boone and Gracie. :lol: I want to do better by them than I did in the past with the others.

Every week when I dust their boxes with their ashes, I say I am sorry....
I am sorry for not taking them for check ups every year. Maybe their ailments would have been diagnosed earlier and could have been treated.
I am sorry for only feeding them dry food and zero wet. Maybe if they had some wet food, the boy cat wouldn't have developed crystals or bone dry poop that left his staining and crying to get out.
I am sorry for never buying them a cat tree. They might have really enjoyed it but I will never know.
There is a lot I am sorry for so I want to make sure I don't feel this way when it happens to Boone and Gracie because it hurts.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for reminding us to appreciate what we have this very minute. It helps to be reminded to enjoy what we have. It helps to think that none of us are perfect. Hopefully, we learn from our mistakes and move on. The past is set in stone and cannot be changed, we need to concentrate on what we did right, and what we learned when we did wrong to help us in the future. If we all knew what we know now, there would be no reason to strive for more. We would become complacent. Yes, tragedy and huge mistakes happen. Through our ignorance or being preoccupied so much in our every day lives we don't see what is there in front of us. Ignorance means we didn't know, but are capable of learning. Hopefully, we do just that, learn from both the tragedies and the joys and move forward in life. We will all experience pain in our lives but should use it to heighten the joys. Live each day as it comes, one day at a time. Remember our past loves and rejoice in our new. Honor the old loves by letting new love build on what they gave us.
May all our little ones rest in peace, I know they will because they carry our love within themselves. Just as we will forever carry theirs......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A short quote from an excellent article in Psychology Today. It was about losing a person, but love is Love. Doesn't matter how many legs are involved.

"In our hearts and minds, we carry forward those who have died. We grieve because we loved. We remember because we still love, even as we bring new relationships—and new love—into our lives.

In the end, we want hope, love, and joy to be stronger than grief. Still, there is room to carry sorrow and joy together."