Annabelle/Bailey final update

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Martin, Annabelle/Bailey's daddy (and my BIL) emailed me this morning:

"Here are some pictures of Bailey. She is slowly adjusting to our routine now, and is pretty much housetrained. She also finds joy in ripping doggie toys apart and yesterday I found one of my expired flight charts on the stairs with her toys. Maybe she wants to take up flying too! She still hates the ice cream truck which makes me think she got stiffed an ice cream cone at one time, but all in all, she is a very loving dog. She's funny as she sleeps lying on her back I kinda stopped crate training her because the crate is begining to look small for her. She likes to stretch out on the upstairs hallway and i think her internal clock still has Texas in it because she wakes us up around between 445 am and 515am. She wakes us up by either poking anyone of us with her cold nose or by playing with a loud squeaky toy running around the bedroom.
Anyway hope you like the pics! Martin."

A family portrait, finally:

The sleeping baby:

I think we (including all of you and your vibes and support) did GOOD!

C

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Heh! That's how one of my dachs insists on laying all the time, it's adorable!

I think it went very well!

I will make a comment about the crate though - take it or leave it, but it's something that a lot of people don't think about. I would get a bigger crate for her because if something happens to her, god forbid, and she needs to be crated for a longer period of time (some things require weeks or months of crate rest, for example). It is incredibly stressful on dogs that aren't used to being a crate for any period of time, or dogs that were once crated and haven't been in a long time.

So glad that it's working out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input, Nerdrock. I agree. We actually bought that crate for her, so she could ship from TX to CA. I wanted to get the larger crate, but it would necessitate her having 2 flights, with more expense. She "fits" fine in the one she has, but she can't stretch out well. I will suggest they get a larger one, but not sure how much good that will do, if ya know what I mean.

Thanks Linda, for following Annabelle's story. I think it was my "good deed for the year."

C

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I am so glad she has found a home like that. From where she was until now....what a difference!!

You sure did a good deed....I am sure it will not go un noticed!