Anal inflammation? (Cat butt photos)

LivLee5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We noticed this today and have been doing some research but haven’t found anything that exactly matches what’s going on with our little man. We have looked at a few different things and was wondering if anyone could provide any insight into what they think is wrong with him if anything. We haven’t noticed any changes in behavior or diet or issues with the litter box. If it’s just inflammation or irritation is there anything we can do to help him be more comfortable until he hopefully looks better? Below are two photos with flash and one without so warning!
5EEE7E56-5DF7-4DFA-9EEE-C8D24B1A26DC.jpeg
F36E5B1C-7A2D-48DC-8787-ECFDCCBB2D9B.jpeg
A3B7125C-F610-4507-BEF0-6ADF17387F75.jpeg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks to me like it might be a hemorrhoid. Are his stools hard? That can cause them, and maybe a stool softener would help. Check with a vet first or even email these photos to your vet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does look something like that, or a very early prolapse, which is not, if treated early, a big deal...but you do want to treat it early. Definitely contact your vet. Meanwhile, a tiny dab of olive oil on his rectum will help soothe things a bit until he is seen by the vet.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
OP has not been back for almost a year, so I don't think that you will get a reply.

Cheryl25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OP has not been back for almost a year, so I don't think that you will get a reply.
I was hoping she would get an email and answer. My cat has a biopsy on the 18th and I'm freaking out. I was hoping to find out what happened with her cat.