An exciting evening

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday evening, we went over to Kennedale, TX, to the dirt-track races. This is an odd place; you go across I-20 toward Fort Worth, then down Business 287 about a mile to the sign point to the right that says, "Race Track."

It should say, "Race Tracks." As you go down that fairly narrow country road, first you come to a 1/8 mile drag strip on the right. Then, on the left, you come to Cowtown Speedway, a dirt oval. Then, just about a hundred yards farther, on the left, you come to Kennedale Speedway, another dirt oval. The two tracks are so close together, they share a fence! Kennedale is the newer track, started by some disgruntled people from Cowtown. It's gone broke a couple of times, but this year, both tracks are running.

We went to Cowtown, the older speedway, because it was have a $5 admission for women.

We were actually finished there before 10 and headed home. As we got near our house, the street was crowded with cars and people walking. It turned out there was a "party" at one of the houses, and it had about 200 kids there in a standard little suburban home. Oh, and about 5 police cars. Looked to me like a "flash mob," where everyone got the message on their cell phone. I parked my car around back, went in and loaded my target pistol, and then went out front (the pistol stayed indoors!) and watched the party being broken up by the police, as dozens of parents came to pick up their kids. By midnight, it was quiet.

The cats just wanted their dinner.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never knew there was a track in Kennedale! We might have to see if we can find it one of these days.

Sounds like you had an exciting evening, to say the least.