An Amazing Girl

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So my hubby and I were at the shelter this weekend, when a minivan pulled up out front. A woman and a young girl none of us recognized started pulling large bags and boxes out of the trunk. Everyone was mystified.

After a few moments, they came inside. The young girl, whose name is Ade, had just had her 12th birthday. Only she hadn't wanted presents - she told everyone to buy things for cats so she could donate all of it to the shelter. Litter, food, toys, cat beds, medicines, cleaning supplies, grooming tools ... it was just absolutely amazing.

It made me wish that the news would report about inspiring acts like these, rather than the newest murder, hate crime, act of violence, etc.

What an amazing and inspiring girl. The world needs more people like her. 

Here she is with a few of the things she brought to donate.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww!  Good for her!!

I have seen some posts from our local shelter where kids have done something like this.  Its so encouraging to see the next generation stepping up like this!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thing for this little girl to do.  Her parents should be very proud of her and she must love cats very, very much.  I hope they gave her a really special present for her birthday anyway, she deserves it.