America's Next Top Model

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who else is watching??

I just watched last week's episode where they cut 2 girls, and I'm so glad Laura and Nicole are the final 2 - they're both sweet, genuine, gorgeous girls. I'm just glad they have 2 girls that I actually like!

I don't really mind which one wins, they are both deserving

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them both too, but I want Nicole to win
I'm so glad that they finally cut Erin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I like them both too, but I want Nicole to win
I'm so glad that they finally cut Erin
Oh man, Erin drove me nuts! She wasn't at all good, and each time she survived the bottom two, I thought the one who got cut was more deserving.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh man, Erin drove me nuts! She wasn't at all good, and each time she survived the bottom two, I thought the one who got cut was more deserving.
I couldn't believe that she made it that far!

I'm really pulling for Nicole. She's from Louisville, Colorado, so a home town girl to me! Louisville is just north of Denver, between Denver and Boulder. AND our own moderator Jana (Katachig) lives in Louisville!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them both so will be happy either way. If I had to pick a favorite though, I would pick Nicole. Think this is the first season I've watched where I actually liked the finalists!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't watch it when the new cycle started, but then found out they were petite ladies. ( I am 5'2") Still didn't watch but then caught up a bit, well Ok most of the day Sat. on a marathon.
I have mixed feelings whoever wins, they will never be runway material. They are not 5'9" skelitons, and thats what high fashion wants. I know the co. the winner will go to has models of all sizes, but I have no doubt the winner of this is going to be smacked down, and hard, by an industry that just does not want women of their staure. A sad fact.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Nicole will get it too because she does look taller than Laura, and it's that lankiness (and natural talent) that's helped her.

I love seeing how she's grown over the season. She was so incredibly quiet and awkward at the start, and she's grown into a more confident girl who would be a good role model for younger girls.

And I love Laura's quirkiness and the fact she wears all the clothes her grandma made for her
Her accent is so adorable, I could listen to her all day

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I am glad those two are the final two..I missed the last episode.

I think Nicole will win..it's always the freaks that win

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least she's a pretty freak!
She's definitely a contortionist, but her pictures are always gorgeous. And gosh I love her hair!

I've seen some of the winners in previous cycles (i.e. McKay) and thought - What are they thinking? She's not that pretty, and definitely not model pretty IMO.
But I'm certainly not the expert like they are.

It's interesting that it's coming down to a stomp off (as always) with this cycle, since they've only done one runway show and basically no training with Ms. J. But they've also only done one commercial too, haven't they? This has kinda been a strange cycle, IMO. I know they're short but they've really done a lot of different things this year that IMO showcase how different they are instead of the idea that they are going to have to compete with the tall girls, but do it better because they aren't tall.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does anyone else think that the fashion industry is absolutely insane in that that they sell clothes by putting them on women that no one in real life looks like?? My mind is boggled by that

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

does anyone else think that the fashion industry is absolutely insane in that that they sell clothes by putting them on women that no one in real life looks like?? My mind is boggled by that
They dont want women who look real, they want hangers for the clothes.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I was a bit suprised, but I'm happy with the two finalists. I'm also stunned that Erin lasted as long as she did...I don't think anyone's ever survived being in the bottom two that many times.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

yes, especially the pretty mathematician (she was brunette - I forget her name). I think Laura "needs" the contract more than Nicole, but I think Nicole will get it. But even if Nicole's 2nd place she will do well because, well, look at her book. My favorite Nicole moment was in the triple dance (with the white masks) and her psychotic stare-down

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
of course i won't say who the winner is out of respect for timezones west of here, but please try to watch the 1-hour condensed special immediately following the finale. it shows footage that was edited out, including "Roger", the real-life housecat who lived with the girls inside the Hawaii house.. one of the models liked Roger so much she wanted to take him home. i won't say who, just watch, it's full of antics like jennifer & nicole arm-wrestling, etc., etc. And if you missed the entire season, the 1-hour special fills you in on everything from start to finish, including the announcement of the winner.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh I watched the finale but missed the special! I hope they have the special available online tomorrow.

I'm SO glad Nicole won! Her photos were just so much better, and her runway stomp had definitely improved
I loved her commercial and Covergirl photo shoots too - she looked absolutely gorgeous.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ok with nicole winning but I was rooting for laura the whole time I loved her. But I'm glad the finals were those two they are the best finalists in antm history. Its funny that nicole won cuz bf called her to win in the first episode. Lol