Amazon

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I received an email from Amazon, stating that an item that I had ordered had been returned and they were going to refund my money accordingly. I really did order the item, have the item and like using it. It threw me off, so I went to the A website and checked my orders. And yes, this particular item was, in fact, returned, according to the record. But I still have it. I chatted with an A employee, who said that these things do happen from time to time. And since they have no way to stop a refund (really?), my card will be refunded accordingly.

And I just got an email from my card company and my card has been refunded the entire purchase price. Merry Christmas to me!

I don't know what happened, maybe a "glitch in the matrix".

Anybody ever had this happen?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Congrats! A couple of times lately I've got a notice that something I ordered is running late and I can request a refund if I want one. In both instances, I already had the item so I just ignored the notice.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not through Amazon but through Target. I ordered my son a $70 video game to be shipped to home and they sent me 4 of same game but only charged me for 1. This happened in 2020 I called Target and they said due to the pandemic I had to keep all 4 games and I wouldn’t be charged. It was a $210.00 error to their bad. They said if I didn’t want the extra games to throw them out. I gave them to friends and family.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had the opposite experience with Amazon. For the first time, I ordered a Christmas Gift Card to be sent to my apartment.
It supposedly arrived on Wednesday afternoon with a signed signature from the receptionist, along with another Amazon package...
Got the package--- not the gift card. They were 2 ordered at different times during the day on Monday..
The GC was not in the box with the other item.

Contacted receptionist to see if she placed it in a secure drawer... nope, never signed for it... security footage backs her up!!

Contacted Amazon, voice mail Bot.... getting a refund. If I do receive the 'lost' GC, I can still use it... they did not deactivate it.

Honestly, it could be a couple of things: one the delivery driver just checked off left with receptionist; leaving it with the other packages.. WE do have thieves in here... Or it came at a time when the receptionist stepped away from the desk, and someone signed for it-- who knows...

All this because I could not make it out to a brick & mortar store. I needed it for Christmas..
~~~
In the past I have sent in a not so good review on an item. I was graciously surprised to get a refund from the seller..
One time I did have a scam.. The item was for quality.. I left a negative review. I got so many bribery emails to change my review. If I did, I would receive a $50 GC... dam.. I reported them.. I still get the phishing emails from that company and others...

It all depends on who the supplier is. If from a store, you really need to see the reviews on the store.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several decades ago (pre-internet) I ordered a rather expensive text book that I personally wanted, through a college bookstore. Paid for it when I ordered it. It arrived; the store called me; I picked the book up, no problems. Then I got a bill from the publisher in the mail. I wrote back, explaining that I'd paid in advance. Next thing I knew the publisher sent me a refund for the extra payment I hadn't made. I sent the check back with an explanatory note. And they sent me the check again! This happened two or three times. I finally just kept the check, without cashing it. This was apparently enough for whatever computer app they were using for accounting - the books finally balanced and I heard no more about it - but I have to wonder about the long-term viability (for them) of that strategy.

Margret

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Christmas to you indeed :) my daughter had the same thing happen a few months back. And a couple of weeks back I had ordered pizza hut, it didn't arrive so called the hut dealing with my delivery and was told IT glitch go online to get a refund. So I did and immediately after I'd put in my request the pizza turned up not the full order but most of it. Told the guy I've just asked for a refund and he said no problem order is wrong anyway and late just tell them what happened. Got full refund and free pizza

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven’t had it happen with Amazon, but I got a double order—a large one—from King Arthur during the first year of the pandemic. I was only charged for one order. I contacted them and they said to keep it. Lots of flour, lots of yeast, lots of espresso powder and vanilla! I kept some of it and gave the rest to various neighbors who were thrilled to have it because of all of the shortages.