Amazon Prime Day?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Is anyone checking out the deals and buying anything?

I broke down and bought the InstaPot. :agree:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't seen anything that I *must* have. Almost bought a Sony TV that was a really good price but then I started reading reviews and decided to pay more for the newer model. Our TV is dying and you have to turn it on for 15 minutes to warm up before watching anything otherwise everything is fuzzy.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! I bought a TON of stuff. Sheets for both guests beds and my bed, garlic press, led dog collar, feliway diffuser kit, echo dot, digital kitchen scale, ziploc and litter genie dash buttons, and I can't remember what else.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ended up getting myself a Fire tablet. Then I can visit this site on a slightly bigger screen at home away from the computer, lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope! The only thing I wanted sold out fast and I don't actually have room anyway. (Adjustable desks for my kids so they can stop shaking the table when the other is writing. And stop destroying the finish on the wood. :rolleyes2:)

I didn't really have time to keep browsing either. They had the cat nightlight I want; but only in the more expensive remote control version. It wasn't that great a deal.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up getting myself a Fire tablet. Then I can visit this site on a slightly bigger screen at home away from the computer, lol.
I ordered one for my husband, whose birthday is coming up in August. I'm not certain he'll use it much, but couldn't resist the steep price reduction. Otherwise I just ordered some ordinary household/food items.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you guys got some good deals. I didn't even go to Amazon because I don't belong to their club. With the little bit of stuff I order from them through out the year it's not worth it to me to join. I keep telling myself I need to start ording my grocerys from them because it is getting harder and harder for me to go to the grocery store.

Muffy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing. I came "this" close to getting a Kindle Paperweight. Ultimately, though, I couldn't justify the need. I looked throughout the day, but nothing really said, "You need me!".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I ended up buying a waterpik water flosser too and a kitchen knife.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope but I'm sick of the ads for it. There's no escaping them. Tv, internet, even the newspaper. They are literally everywhere.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet USPS is going to be working overtime to deliver all these packages. Did you know that they hire people on Sunday to deliver packages just for Amazon? They don't deliver any other mail- just for Amazon they have extra shifts on Sunday.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a $29 Kindle. I already have two, but this one is smaller and I think more portable. I hope it comes tomorrow like they promised so I can take it on my trip.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you guys got some good deals. I didn't even go to Amazon because I don't belong to their club. With the little bit of stuff I order from them through out the year it's not worth it to me to join. I keep telling myself I need to start ording my grocerys from them because it is getting harder and harder for me to go to the grocery store.

Muffy
I love their subscribe and save program. You do not have to be a Prime member to use it.

Speaking of Amazon and groceries- in case anyone missed it, Amazon is buying Whole Foods

Amazon is buying Whole Foods for $13.7 billion

I've never been to WF. All I ever hear about the place is how expensive it is.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love their subscribe and save program. You do not have to be a Prime member to use it.

Speaking of Amazon and groceries- in case anyone missed it, Amazon is buying Whole Foods

A congressman is saying that Congress should review the buy, I don't know if that will happen or not Amazon’s deal with Whole Foods should be scrutinized by Congress, lawmaker says Whole Foods is more expensive than a standard supermarket. I don't think they are expensive for what they sell. A lot of what they sell are organics and antibiotic free, free range meat. They also sell unusual things that you don't typically find in a supermarket.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that you did not have to be a Prime member to use it.
It is expensive but I think you get what you pay for.
I only been to WF once and I loved it. It is just too far away for me.
Muffy