Amazon Echo/echo Dot

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought an Echo Dot on PrimeDay, because the price was just unbeatable. But what do you actually do with it? I don't really have a "smart house." Though I would like to save up to get an AnyMote to control my smart TV.

I'm thinking about getting a subscription to Amazon's music, so I can listen to any song I want. I had Alexa make a to-do list for me...not sure really what else to do with it. Maybe it can order a pizza for me tonight.

Does anyone here have an echo? What do you use it for? Seems like another tool for you to be lazy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty interesting, but I don't have wifi in my car. I have blutooth, but not wifi.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend has the full size Echo, Alexia... it is pretty cool. She will talk to you, ask you jokes, play music from Amazon Music, tell you the weather, etc...

I am not sure about the Dot. I was thinking of getting one for Pandora Music, but the reviews I saw said the sound quality really needed external speakers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend has the full size Echo, Alexia... it is pretty cool. She will talk to you, ask you jokes, play music from Amazon Music, tell you the weather, etc...

I am not sure about the Dot. I was thinking of getting one for Pandora Music, but the reviews I saw said the sound quality really needed external speakers.
Yea I have a portable Bluetooth speaker thats pretty nice so i went ahead and got the dot which is basically just the top part of the echo-no speaker. Bit I didnt really need the speaker, so why pay for it?

I'm enjoying the music and getting the weather. I think Im going to get a smart plug so i can tell it to turn on my air conditioner upstairs in my bedroom

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband bought one on Prime Day also. Not quite sure what he intends on using it for yet. He seems to think it will help in do *stuff*. Whatever LOL