Am I The Only One Who Can't Find Deleted Videos and Photos on Latest IOS (iPhone)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to clear space on my iPhone so I can take a proper video of the cats and I can't find it. Why did Apple remove that function if you can't even access it on iTunes. Or am I dense again as usual? I just get annoyed that these companies always fix something that isn't broke. :(

jjjoooggg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use iExplorer to access everything on iphone. When it back ups on macbook, stuff is hidden in the backups.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m confused. Are you trying to find your recently deleted photos and videos in the Photos app?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
On the iphone there used to be a folder called Recently deleted and you could click on that and empty it out. Since IOS 13.4 (at least on my stupid phone) that album is no longer visible. I don't have a mac, I have a windows and the album is still not there so I don't know. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to technology but I need to clear some space on the phone. The entire Recently Deleted folder is gone from my iPhone which is very very horrible as I can't free up space this way. I don't know what to do. :(

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I apologize if this isn’t what you’re looking for but here goes!

When you open your Photos app, make sure you’re in the Albums section. See icon at bottom of screen.
FC58FA7B-24A8-4474-853E-BB236F94A906.jpeg
After you tap Albums, then scroll all the way down on the page. You should see Recently Deleted at the very bottom.
6EB72D1D-7F38-4D72-B74C-A6364A2C2C60.jpeg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize if this isn’t what you’re looking for but here goes!

When you open your Photos app, make sure you’re in the Albums section. See icon at bottom of screen.
View attachment 334353
After you tap Albums, then scroll all the way down on the page. You should see Recently Deleted at the very bottom.
View attachment 334354
Ok thanks. It wasn't there yesterday but after IOS update it's there again. I'm kind of tired of these companies making everything wonky just to get you to update.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm kind of tired of these companies making everything wonky just to get you to update.
I completely understand your frustration which is why I tend to not do updates immediately since I've read there can be glitches sometimes. Tobermory Tobermory gave you excellent advice with a visual description

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but sadly I couldn't use the phone until I updated the software is what I'm talking about. It isn't just Apple that does that, I have many many money making apps that refuse to open until I have updated software on phone as well as the app updates.