Am I being unreasonable?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not being unreasonable at all. Three of my 6 will hide for hours when anyone comes in the house. I don't know how you managed to be as civil as you were. I think I'd have been boiling!

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why when people come over they can't understand that it is the cat's house too. I mean, seriously? Don't they want everyone to be comfortable and happy? I have had similar problems but not enough time to relay right now... later though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker

I don't understand why when people come over they can't understand that it is the cat's house too. I mean, seriously? Don't they want everyone to be comfortable and happy? I have had similar problems but not enough time to relay right now... later though
This has been an issue with just this one person. I have had visitors who don't care if there is a cat here or not. Most people never see him.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

You're not being unreasonable at all. Three of my 6 will hide for hours when anyone comes in the house. I don't know how you managed to be as civil as you were. I think I'd have been boiling!
I was mad. Unfortunately, when I raise my voice it makes me look like the grouch.

On the up side, this person does not visit very often.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is kicking a relative out of your house not an option? My sister or MIL are not allowed in my house, just because they are nosy and I don't like them.
Anyone that comes to my house knows the cats must not be bothered. If they do not care for cats, I will remove them, but mostly they just ignore them and the cats leave them alone. Anyone bothering or mistreating the cats will be asked to leave, or in one case, physically tossed out the door with his little brat.
My cats will run and hide if the doorbell rings, but curiosity gets the better of them and they almost always come out and visit, except Pearl. They have turned confirmed cat haters in to mush.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Why is kicking a relative out of your house not an option?
You know how it is, we must keep harmony in the family.