Almost 4 month old kitten spayed

nap97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 3 days post-op. When she got home she was pretty much ready to go back to normal and was eating/using litter box normally. Now at the end of day 3, she lost some of her interest in her regular food and would only get excited about treats. I had her in a donut these past 3 days and isolated in my bedroom. I saw another forum where someone had a similar issue and people suggested just taking the cone/donut off and letting her play as usual. I keep seeing so many mixed responses, either people saying you need to restrict them for a full 2 weeks and others saying restriction isn’t necessary beyond 24 hours. My poor girl has so much energy. Any advice?

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Recovery suit for cats, you can buy it from Amazon. They are able to move eat drink and for ever reason they are much calmer wearing it. I take it off couple times during the day just to give time to stretch and as soon as jumping starts the suit goes on. Works as charm.
00693143-6B5C-4F5D-B742-FD2DE6C7BF4D.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nap97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok! I actually got one for her the other day, she hated it the day after surgery and actually preferred the donut. I just put it back on her and it did stop her crazy hyperactivity. I still hope I can get her to eat though, I am thinking she’s resisting because she’s stressed with the whole situation. She doesn’t seem to be in pain because, like I said, she’s full of energy and likely has some cabin fever. If she keeps it up I will reach out for vet help.

Attachments