Allow pregnant cat to jump?

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

Curious..

Can a owner tell how many kittens their queen will have by her weight gain and visible movement in her belly?

My queen is in, I guess, 7th week. She eats a lot. Demanding food.

For her posture she is huge. Her right side is moving a lot. Waving...
Left side looks still.

Can I say that left horn of uterus is empty or not?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, there is no way to know unless you get an x-ray at the vet. It is possible that one horn of her uterus is carrying more kittens and they are more squished.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
X-ray or ultra-sound (which are usually cheaper, and less dangerous - if taken many x-rays its not healthy, some occasionally doesnt matter)

If the belly is visibly moving, she may even be into week 8.

Re jumping. Healthy high preg can usually move almost as usual. In nature, she must be able to run for life if necessary; and being high preg, she is a given prey....
Its perhaps no recommendation to jump, but apparently they do manage it... Look, athlethe human women are able to train also with big bellies... Why, I know examples of elite athletes women whom were goal keepers respective table tennis players, whom played in their elite series with visible belly... Of course, this is in no contact situations. In full contact sports its just friendly training recommendable.
(but dont do this at home; this is ONLY for these whom ARE naturally well trained, and whom do have access to good medical care; nothing for NewBees...)

So, dont force her to jump, and try to take away needs and occasions, but some jumping shouldnt have medical problems with any luck.