Allergy Testing Boo Hoo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any time I try one of those "natural" remedies they do nothing for me.

I've been using coconut oil to cook with for a while and allergies got worse, so there you go.

My personal opinion is that it's only a placebo effect you receive.

Your mileage may vary as the saying goes.

muktigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so, here's the new meds I'm on:

Xyzal - new pill to replace Zyrtec. Similar but stronger.
Nasacort - nasel spray to use as an adjunct.

My understanding is it can take up to a week for effectiveness to totally kick in.  So far, I see some improvement.  Not sneezing as much and the wheezing had decreased a lot.

Still researching air purifiers.  I want to be sure I buy the right one.  

Cats are still going to sleep with us, of course. I like @Neely
 suggestion about throwing a separate cover over the bed during the daytime and removing it at night.  I bet that would help to some degree in reducing the amount of dander that is in the bed.
I has the 3 in 1 hepa germguardian. Life saver. My allergies have gotten worse since I threw it out (long story) it's price has gone up but it's worth it. Google 3 in 1 germguardian. You won't regret it. Hope this helps :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I has the 3 in 1 hepa germguardian. Life saver. My allergies have gotten worse since I threw it out (long story) it's price has gone up but it's worth it. Google 3 in 1 germguardian. You won't regret it. Hope this helps :)
After much research we bought a Rabbit Air Minus A2.

The one you suggested is too small for our needed, it only goes up to 155 sf. Our bedroom is about 400 sf. The Rabbit will clean up to 700 sf, with 2 air exchanges per hour. Our room being smaller will allow up to 4 an hour when ran at full cycle. It is extremely expensive but affordable for us. It probably will not be for many.

The other one I considered was by Blue Air and was somewhat less but we liked the slim profile of the Rabbit, as it can stand on a dresser aimed at the bed. Others were meant for the floor. Any floor model would have the air flow blocked by furniture. The Rabbit can even be wall mounted like a flat screen TV. A remote control is a plus too.