Alaska's Homecoming!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my beautiful baby from the breeder yesterday. He is a Maine Coon, 75% European bloodline, and his pictures didn't do him justice at all. He's nothing short of stunning, with a wide and thick muzzle, especially thick, "Bruce Campbell" chin, long tail, the beginnings of a majestic ruff, perfect, pointy ears that face perfectly forward with long ear tips, and beautifully shaped blue eyes. He's only two months old and we are still bonding, but he slept with me last night and I've gotten him to purr. Oh, and he's by far the lickiest baby I've ever seen! Toes, noses, fingers, arms, he loves to lick people, so that's an adorable quirk he has already.

True to Maine Coon nature, he started playing almost immediately upon arrival. He just needs time to trust me and adjust to life without his mother. But I will turn this shy boy into a sweet, social Maine Coon in no time.

I made a thread before asking about quality but I think, now that I've seen him in person, as far as I can tell at this age, this is a show quality kitten. His features are, to my somewhat educated eye, hallmark European Maine Coon perfection.

FB_IMG_1509324153285.jpg
received_10155655710661063.jpg
received_10155655710656063.jpg
received_10155655710786063.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A sleeping angel, no? One of my friends calls him Kimba the White Lion. :flail:

I just wonder how large he will grow. Do Euro Maine Coons sacrifice size for their extreme features, or is size another of the extreme features of the European brand?

I find it kinda funny how European vs American Maine Coons exist. Europe was just like "Oh hell no, they got their own cat breed. We'll show them. We'll make that same breed, but turn it up to 11," and thus the Euro MC was born.

IMG_20171029_214748854_20171030191911247.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MistyDawn MistyDawn - I think it's more a question of "bandwagoning." That "wild" European look was really the result of Walentina Choulíková's breeding program at Axis Star in the Czech Republic back in the late nineties. She found a young adolescent Silver Tabby Maine Coon for sale whose features were simply wild - Axis, her first queen - and a year or two later, she found 4 month old Monika at a cattery in Germany, whose features were very similar, and who subsequently swept through the International Series shows right across Europe.

Walentina has a gift for finding exactly the right breeding stock, and choosing precisely the right stud, and her "new look" Maine Coons were so different and so stunning, that many other catteries jumped on the bandwagon, buying their breeding stock from Walentina's brood lines. Last I'd heard, she was going to build a new house - just for her trophies and rosettes. They're online these days, just for reference:

=^..^= AXIS STAR =^..^= maine coon cats =^..^=

mightyboosh mightyboosh has been banned from the Czech Republic because of the "fervent interest" he's shown in "acquiring" one of their Wild Things.

;)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MistyDawn MistyDawn - I think it's more a question of "bandwagoning." That "wild" European look was really the result of Walentina Choulíková's breeding program at Axis Star in the Czech Republic back in the late nineties. She found a young adolescent Silver Tabby Maine Coon for sale whose features were simply wild - Axis, her first queen - and a year or two later, she found 4 month old Monika at a cattery in Germany, whose features were very similar, and who subsequently swept through the International Series shows right across Europe.

Walentina has a gift for finding exactly the right breeding stock, and choosing precisely the right stud, and her "new look" Maine Coons were so different and so stunning, that many other catteries jumped on the bandwagon, buying their breeding stock from Walentina's brood lines. Last I'd heard, she was going to build a new house - just for her trophies and rosettes. They're online these days, just for reference:

=^..^= AXIS STAR =^..^= maine coon cats =^..^=

mightyboosh mightyboosh has been banned from the Czech Republic because of the "fervent interest" he's shown in "acquiring" one of their Wild Things.

;)
Yes, I've been banned from 72 countries so far.

MistyDawn MistyDawn He's beautiful and I'm very envious. I may be banned but where there's a will, there's a way.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've been banned from 72 countries so far.

MistyDawn MistyDawn He's beautiful and I'm very envious. I may be banned but where there's a will, there's a way.
You know you don't have to go to Europe to get one, so there's hope for you yet. Remember that picture of Alaska's father (who he appears to be a clone of, save for his blue eyes)? He came from an American breeder who buys cats from the Ukraine, Russia, the Czech Republic, and so on. Alaska's mother came from a similar batch, and the breeder Alaska came from just took another young queen from Europe, a really stunning tortie.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you don't have to go to Europe to get one, so there's hope for you yet. Remember that picture of Alaska's father (who he appears to be a clone of, save for his blue eyes)? He came from an American breeder who buys cats from the Ukraine, Russia, the Czech Republic, and so on. Alaska's mother came from a similar batch, and the breeder Alaska came from just took another young queen from Europe, a really stunning tortie.
MistyDawn MistyDawn - Don't let mightyboosh mightyboosh kid you. Not only does he live in Europe, but his Big Breed Family includes a stunning Siberian - ChubChub - and Oliver, a vast and incredibly beautiful Maine Coon Cat from the single most celebrated lineage I've ever seen (International Supreme Grands going back generation after generation after generation). He just wants to steal borrow your cat!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:running:

Brb, buying window locks! Btw, mightyboosh, I'd love to see a picture of your Maine Coon! I'm so crazy for this breed (and in general :dizzy:) and it sounds like yours is gorgeous.

While we're talking, I figured I wouldn't make a second thread for this. At a little over two months, Alaska has a grey stripe on his head, some of his mom's color sneaking through. I know it usually goes away, but I think it looks cool. Is there much of a chance it'll stay?