Agression Towards Hurt Cat

Eals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So one of my cats had been lost for about a month and came back yesterday with scratches and very thin. Since he's been back all my other cats are acting very hostile towards him(mainly hissing). They've all been together for most of their lives so I don't think they wouldn't recognize the other one. Does anyone know the reason they are being hostile? Or if they might actually attack him?

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s wonderful he is home! I have had a cat hiss at another one after they spent a weekend at the vets, so yes, they can act as though they forget. What helped with mine was to take one of my dirty tee shirts and rub it on each cat. It will mix their scent. Have you taken him to the vet? He likely picked up something (worms, fleas) while he was missing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi E Eals :hithere:

It sounds like you're dealing with a case of non-recognition aggression. This is fairly common, especially when one cat has been missing for a while. How are things going now?
Hi there!
All the cats are all good now, it just took a couple days for everyone to warm back up to each other. Also my cat that was lost is fully recovered and more cuddly than ever!