Aggressive Cat

lexmireya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had Cujo since he was about 2 maybe 3 weeks old. We found him after his mother was hit by a car. We've had him since July 27, 2016. When he was about 4 months old he started to become very aggressive toward my younger sister. At first we thought maybe she accidentally stepped on him, and he remembered. We took him to get neutered to help with his frustration. Unfortunately, a year later and he hasn't stopped. His attacks have become more and more frequent. We are having to peel him off of her, and at times it takes at least 2 of us. He latches on pretty tight, and its really scary. When I asked his vet what I should do about it she said just to separate the two, but that is not fair to Cujo since he is too apart of the family, but my sister should feel comfortable in her own home. I don't know what to do or who to see. Can someone PLEASE help me!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, if you don't mind my saying so, surely there must be a vet available with a better understanding of how to handle his aggression-this is terrible you-all are having to deal with this! Anyway, glad you're here. A thought is Prozac for him but I'm sure there are people here who have had more experience with this. The only other thing I could suggest is for your sister, if she uses a lotion or perfume to change it or stop, and to maybe change the bath soap and shampoo she uses. Even if you use the same soap/shampoo each person's body is different. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lexmireya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys! I greatly appreciate your responds. Anything helps!!