Aggravated at Fed Ex

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I placed an order with Chewy's. Two 35 pound tubs of Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action, two boxes of Fancy Feast Classic Pate Turkey and Giblets, two boxes of FF Tender Beef Feast classic pate. We went over details such as my address and deliver to front door.

At 1:30 p.m. I gave up, made Himself with his injured back promise he would Leave It Alone if the two large, heavy boxes were delivered while I ran two, that's two only errands in town. Which is 4 miles away.

But guess what? When I reached the bottom of our long uphill-to-get-to-the-house driveway there were two large heavy boxes tumbled on the ground by the mailbox.

Left them while I did the two errands. Came home. Had to rip off the packaging tape to open the cardboard boxes and haul everything out and heave into my car before driving up to the house.

Called Chewy's. The agent left a complaint with Fed Ex while I was on the phone, apologizing several times. Told her it is not Chewy's fault, it is on Fed Ex. She said maybe the driver did not read DELIVER TO FRONT DOOR (it is all in caps, just below street address and above town/state/zip code) Me, I think the driver just did not want to take the time to go up the driveway.

I'm aggravated. Can you tell?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are getting very upset with FedEx, too. I did a Chewy order a couple months ago. It was sent to work and it kept saying it was delivered, but we couldn't find the box. Then somebody came in, carrying my Chewy box, and said, "Hey, Pam, your Chewy order was out by the back door!" Now they're not supposed to drop anything off after normal working hours and certainly not on weekends. But they dropped the food off on a Sunday morning at the back door of my office, knowing that nobody (other than Emergency Services) would even be there until Monday.

Not only that, but it seems that orders (not just Chewy orders) come in to the distribution center, go out in the truck for delivery, don't get delivered that day, so back to the distribution center the package goes. Only to be put back on the truck the next day and it may be delivered at that point. It's gotten really bad around here with FedEx. We didn't used to have that problem.

When our shed blinds were delivered and again with a shed light that was delivered, the above happened both times. And this was around November, so it wasn't really part of the Christmas rush or anything.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not only that, but it seems that orders (not just Chewy orders) come in to the distribution center, go out in the truck for delivery, don't get delivered that day, so back to the distribution center the package goes.

And sometimes it gets scanned into the tracking systems as "Delivered" when in fact it is still on the truck to be delivered the next day (or the day after that....) :bat: I've had that happen before with UPS. My package was marked as delivered and I got the notification text so I immediately went down to get it. No package or any sign of the UPS truck on the property. Customer Service was useless, insisting the package was delivered and I should check the back door or garage (not options where I live). The package was delivered the next day. I think divers just scan packages into the system as "Delivered" to meet quotas.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fedex does ok here; but they are slower. We paid for 2 day delivery and it’s still taking extra time. Usually things go several states farther away than necessary to get routed back to me. They pass me on the way there. I live close enough to several major cities that you’d think they’d want a major hub there! :dunno:

My friend who lives a couple hours from me has an awful time though. Her cats food (not carried locally) spent a week riding around in the truck. It was out for delivery every day. She lives in a town-house neighborhood and watched them miss-deliver and ignore delivery instructions. The whole neighborhood is upset with them. I’m wondering if they will lose Chewys business over it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it seems that orders (not just Chewy orders) come in to the distribution center, go out in the truck for delivery, don't get delivered that day, so back to the distribution center the package goes. Only to be put back on the truck the next day and it may be delivered at that point.
They've done that with several of my parcels this year. One time UPS couldn't find one of my parcels in his truck (I met him in the driveway) and it was delivered the next day, but otherwise they've been pretty good this year.

I've heard that FedEx is going to do all of Walmart's shipping. They did need to get a big account after they lost Amazon. So maybe if that goes through they'll increase staffing and things will get delivered faster.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FedEx here has issues with weekend deliveries. They didn't use to do those unless extra was paid for it. I get Alice's prescription food delivered by FedEx. We were fine for awhile then Christmas of last year it got off and I was getting Saturday deliveries. My apartment complex is hard to find your way around and I was chasing down deliveries. I finally sent an email asking then to not send it out when it would be delivered on Saturday. They didn't change it but they started sending me an email notice a week ahead of time so I could go in and change it so it wouldn't be delivered on a Saturday. Wasn't exactly how I expected them to fix it but it works.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to give you a little bit of perspective guys: you get your packages delivered next day and Sunday morning; back in my Luxembourg, and that’s the case with most of Europe, the packages were delivered during working hours Mon-Fri and they ALL require a signature so no one could just drop them by the door, you need to be physically at home to get every single one. Most people have them delivered to workplace, but if you cycle to work, heavy boxes are out of question. Since being here in the US I too got used to the easiness of online shopping, it’s so easy to get used to convenience.. on the other hand, you can no longer work from home because of waiting for a package... :)