Age?

Maxxwell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how can you tell the age of a kitten? When I got Zoey I was told she was around 8 months. But today for the first time she came to me for pets and even purred the best part is she climbed into my bed for cuddles without me even asking and she's coming to her name now. But as I was watching her she still has that clumsy kitten thing going and she hasn't masted the whole claw thing like when to pull them in and when to let them out. She's also extremely curious. If I had to guess I would say she's more in the 5-6 month range. I also attached some pictures of her on my bed I can never explain how happy I was just from her simply jumping up and wanting me to rub her.

Attachments

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I took my kitten to the vet at the 7 month mark, her back molars weren't completely in yet - just starting to break through. She was chewing quite a bit at 5/6 months too because of teething.

So I guess if you can figure out how to look in her mouth to see if the molars are in yet that may give you a clue. But that may be easier said than done. :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maxxwell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes that may definitely be easier said I don't know if she'll let me open her mouth yet while she'll let me rub her and pet her she still is somewhat skittish and ready to escape at a moments notice if I just so much as twitch the wrong way :lol: