Age Guess?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How Old Is That Kitten? Kitten Progression: At-a-Glance

Kitten Development From 6 Months to 1 Year

I am not great at this, but their eyes are no longer blue, teeth are in, and they weigh 6/7 pounds....so maybe 6 months. Someone may have a more accurate guess.

What is their backstory?
Not sure, they came up to me in my driveway on Wednesday after I got home from work. They were extremely hungry and thirsty. I've contacted the animal shelter and put out posts on Facebook and NextDoor. No one has claimed them. They are just living in my daughter's room for now. It got down to 30 degrees F and snowing so I am going to hold on to them. We have many strays and unfixed outdoor cats around here (people are irresponsible in my area and don't spay/neuter) so it's possible they don't have a home of their own.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Younger then a year, still have the gangly teen look on the black one. Coats have the look of some malnutrition so probably a little underweight for their ages. I'd guess 7-9 month range.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My 6 month old male weighs 7.7 lbs. If they've been fending for themselves they'll probably weigh a bit less than him. I'd say they are 6 to 9 months old. Thank you for taking care of them.