After A C-section

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little girl.
Your kitten may need a suppository or an enema to get things going. Please keep us posted on how they are doing, I'll pray for them both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell429

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The larger male died. We did multiple enemas and finally got some stool out. I don't know if he just got too weak or what happened. The white female is hanging in there. She still has closed eyes of course and Tuesday started having pus come out from one so we started her on Clavamox. Not sure if the eye will be impaired or not, time will tell. But no more pus. I almost euthanized her when that started, but my awesome vet convinced me to keep going. She's almost to 6 ounces. Fights the tube and wanders all over her crate. She's a feisty one!

Michelle

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you using teramycin on the eye as well? Hopefully some would get in even though they are closed.

shell429

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet said not to yet, the inner corner is a tiny bit open so I could potentially get some med in that way. But right now she just wanted me to do warm compreses and get the pus out and monitor for further pus. I have Tobramycin and Terramycin, but for now will hold off.

shell429

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She'd said she wants to see what the eye looks like when it opens first and doesn't want to risk the eye opening early due to instilling medication. She' worried it will open prematurely if I keep messing with it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you know I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers, it must be a burden to deal with this when you are grieving the loss of your beautiful girl and her tiny boy. Your little one is a week old now, keep up the good work, miracles do happen you know, she has my best!

shell429

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm so happy we made it to the 1 week mark with one kitten.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry about your momma cat. She was beautiful. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Also sorry about the kittens. Sending vibes that the 1 week old kitten is a fighter. :vibes:

shell429

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little Snow continues to do well. Her eyes opened this weekend and while I can't see anything abnormal I'll have the vet peek at her tomorrow. Almost to 7 ounces. She's got us wrapped around her paw already!