Afib

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last spring I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. I am on medication and only had a couple of problems since. I had a follow up yesterday and it is all good. The current thought is that it is possibly caused by sleep apnea. I have a sleep study to look forward to next month. The nurse practitioner was great! She was the one who had done both of my stress tests and she remembered me and asked about my husband. It is tough getting old- but it beats the alternative!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last spring I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. I am on medication and only had a couple of problems since. I had a follow up yesterday and it is all good. The current thought is that it is possibly caused by sleep apnea. I have a sleep study to look forward to next month. The nurse practitioner was great! She was the one who had done both of my stress tests and she remembered me and asked about my husband. It is tough getting old- but it beats the alternative!!
I had no idea afib could be caused by apnea! Does this mean if your sleep improves, your afib could possibly go away?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's good news!

When I used to call my Grandma I'd always ask how she was and she'd say "Pretty good for a lil ol lady." She will be 104 this month so there must be something to that good attitude. :redheartpump:
104!!! That's awesome!! Tell her Happy Birthday from me please! 🎂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea afib could be caused by apnea! Does this mean if your sleep improves, your afib could possibly go away?
That is my understanding, although I am sure they would continue to monitor me. All the tests I have had except for the first stress test, ( nuclear stress test, cardiac ultrasound) have all been pretty normal. The regular stress test was borderline questionable.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope they can get things figured out for you. It would be great if they could help your apnea and make the afib just go away.