Aesinophilic Granuloma- Linear. In Kitten

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, my kitten has aesinophilic granuloma linear ( diagnosed via biopsy). She was given steroids and went down. We had just moved so we though it could be an environmental factor. Now, the lesions are coming out again.
This kind of granuloma present in a kitten indicates that is genetic, so I’m not sure how to help her but we are trying to avoid more steroids as they have side effects.

1- if you have a cat with this condition, do you have any advice?
2- I have another 4 kitties, and I’m thinking about starting an elimination diet. I though about trying wysom anergen, any recommendations?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. sorry to hear about your little girl. I had never heard of this before so I did an internet search to read about it - see article links below**. Although they are titled with EG Complex, the articles also discuss linear. I also searched this site for other members who may have experienced this with their cats, and found the following threads, in case they might contain some information you would find helpful.

Search Results for Query: granuloma | TheCatSite

Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats - Veterinary Partner - VIN
Eosinophilic Granuloma In Cats-Causes, Symptoms & Treatment - Cat-World

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
OP has not been back in about a year and a half, so I doubt that you will get an answer.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
C cocopuff14 - the other thing you could do is to provide all the information you can here and see if that helps anyone come up with some other ideas. Information more specific to your situation might help. Just trying to find ways to see if we can help.