Advice please

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,this morning my cat had another seizure *disclaimer: she has seizures because she was poisoned this summer* (she had been seizure free since 21 August) and I’m giving her the meds (phenobarbital 1/4) on Monday to prevent the seizures and although she is an indoor cat I give her tick treatment at this moment a collar with citronella and drontal dewormer (in tablets) but I don’t know if I should give her tick treatment anymore because of seizures...but obviously I don’t want her to have parasites.

Is drontal safe? Or should I give her another treatment?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes. Citronella is toxic to cats.
Quote below.

Citronella candles and oils are a popular mosquito repellent, but the citronella plant is toxic to pets. Use caution when using citronella products around your pet, and make sure they don't have access to any citronella plants in your garden.
1630778237442.png

Animal Humane Society › ...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Has your vet told you to use the Drontal now or is it something that you have on hand? Do you suspect worms? As for ticks, is she in any danger of having one if she is indoor only?

Certainly not your fault and you thought that you were doing the right thing, but get rid of the citronella.

What schedule are you on for the phenobarbitol?