Advice on behavior after mating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And please no comment about scottish fold being in pain or abnormalities. Most pure breed cat can have undisirable traits. If the breeder dose there home work and has the best interests of the animal there is no problem. Lolly is my 3rd scottish my 1st lived till she was 13 with no issues. It my first time to try n get a beutiful little out of any of my cats and i am just asking advice on colouring. Please dont hound me as i no some can be against scottish. However if u have never owned one i wouldnt pass judgement as what i base my opinion on is actually ownin this gorgeous breed xx shes been mated with a white spotted black full pedigree bsh

Last edited:

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How dose a cat behave a couple of days after mating?

Ive ready the hole mating procedure. So i no that but there dosent seem to be much on a queens behaviour the days that follow?
Can any one help?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi @nadzooki  Welcome to TCS.

Do you have papers for Lolly to prove that she is a pedigree Scottish Fold? Did you buy the breeding rights with her? If you got her from a reputable breeder they will usually be willing to act as a mentor and give you advice about breeding your cat. They would be the best person to ask about healthy kittens and possible colours.

Maybe @posiepurrs  will be able to give you some advice about how best to make sure you don't allow any painful or debilitating traits to be passed on to the kittens. She certainly knows a lot about cat colours.

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i have paper and ues reg.

She came on heat soo i sent her to tje chosen stud on her 3rd day of calling she stayed 5 days. And dealt with the hole procured wonderful. the updates i got and from.the cctv stills the deed occued on the 24th march so very much earlier days. I think she only accepted this male once

Ive read alsorts about the first signs being pinkin n possible sickness but cant find nothing for the behaviour in the first few days after? She completely out of heat now no calling etc but seems very clingy and affectionate not eating much but seems happy x

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry this phone auto spelling is shocking xxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, clingy and affectionate is usually a sign of pregnancy. It is a result of increased hormones causing the behavior. You'll know more soon!

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1 week on n i have a very sleepy kitty. Still clingy and seems to be hungry all of a sudden. However i have changed the food to kitten wet food/ dry food think.she loves this x

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Welcome to TCS N nadzooki :wave3:

Do you have a mentor that can help you? I am not passing judgement on your choice to breed Scottish Folds but no matter what breed you're working with, you should have an experienced ethical breeder who can mentor you. Buying a pedigreed kitten isn't enough. An ethical breeder should not sell a kitten/cat with breeding rights without making sure the buyer is either an experienced breeder or has a mentor.

As I understand it, when someone is starting out, the mentor is often the breeder who sells them the first kittens. That way, he or she is familiar with any specific issues which may come up in the breed - and specifically in his/her lines.

I hope that helps and I hope it's not too late for you to contact the breeder who sold you the kittens and ask for help and advice. Good luck!