Advice needed for sensitive tummy

SpaceLamb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I currently have six cats all eating different foods. My two boys are on the purina veterinary dietetic management wet food, my old girl is on purina pro plan weight management dry food, and my two mamas are on Hills prescription urinary care wet and dry food. My issue is with my youngest. She’s ten months old and while I’ve been told by my vet she’d be fine to eat either the hills prescription or the weight management food she doesn’t seem to love either of them. She also has a history or vomiting and diarrhea. The vet just thinks she has a sensitive stomach as she shows no other signs of a food allergy. We’re looking at getting a food that will be easier on her system and was looking for recommendations. I looked at purina one sensitive systems but figured I’d ask if anyone had success with other foods. Thanks for any responses!

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would suggest sticking to wet food vs dry as cats more can usually tolerate it a bit better. Also some cats are sensitive to things like grain (even if it's not an allergy) so definitely try a grain free recipe. Have you tried digestive enzymes by any chance? They won't work for all cats but sometimes they can help these types of symptoms. They make powdered flavored versions that you can just top the food with so it's not too difficult to give it to them. Might be worth a shot.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Instinct limited ingredient looks good and Halo sensitive stomach.
My cat used to be nauseous in the morning til I started adding north west naturals to her instinct or rawz. She licks her food and eats fast which also makes her vomit so I have started using a timer for wet food so she's not so hungry in the morning and I mostly give her farmina since it's ground meat she has to spend time chewing more. Major difference. Soon food furr life will be delivered so I will start cooking ground meat and adding EzComplete. Cheaper and not weird ingredients like pumpkin, and blueberries though farmina works so far

Last edited: