Advice for Kitten?

Allencl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have experience with cats, but nothing like this has happened before. Found an abandoned kitten on my property about 2 weeks ago, male, very young, got him fixed and first boosters last Wednesday. He was doing great Wednesday night and all day Thursday, eating normal (canned kitten food) but stopped eating and very little drinking since Friday. He will nibble just a couple bites of food but that’s it all day. He has also decided not to pee in the litter box half the time anymore. Saturday morning I found a pile of vomit in the closet so not sure when exactly he did that, I figured that must be why he hasn’t been eating much, and that is also where he has been peeing. So I have now also tried hard kitten food, and wetting it down, but he is still not interested. He has drank a little more Sunday. He has been his very playful usual self all the while, but now it is early Monday morning and he has just vomited again and then went to the litter box (thankfully) and had what sounded and smelled like diarrhea. So I guess I’m concerned if this is normal for a young kitten who had been under anesthesia or if I should consider that maybe something is wrong or even that maybe he got into something, although I don’t know what it could possibly be and I’d been keeping him confined to one area of the house due to surgery? Or does anyone have suggestions on what to give him to encourage him to eat/ drink? He has become skinnier but as I said before, still very playful, purring, attentive, wanting attention… of course I will be calling the vet today too but would love to hear from some people with experience! I am worried about the poor little guy!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I don't know what to tell you apart from taking him to the vet as soon as possible. Sounds like a bad reaction to the anesthesia or even to the surgery.
If I were you I wouldn't wait.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what to tell you apart from taking him to the vet as soon as possible. Sounds like a bad reaction to the anesthesia or even to the surgery. If I were you I wouldn't wait.
:yeah: I agree and please keep us updated after you contact your vet today. Thank you for rescuing this abandoned kitten. 🤗