Advice for a potential pregnant cat?

spencer23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there,

I have recently taken in a cat who has been in an awful situation. She was used for breeding (what I can only presume to be) numerous times. I saw that she was advertised on my local Facebook sites and did not hesitate to go and pick her up. The only thought I had at the time was that she would have no new kittens and live a happy spayed life with my neutered male. When I picked her up I noticed she was rather large so presumed she may be pregnant again, when I asked the idiot about this he totally hesitated and wanted me out the door, this was only two days ago. She is booked in for an appointment at my vets tomorrow to see what is what. obviously I have absolutely no idea about pregnant cats so thought id jump on here for some friendly advice.

Hopefully all will be okay!
Ive attached a pic of her nipples

Oh and she is already settling in great here by the way! Seems like she has been here forever!!
IMG_1930[1].JPG
IMG_1932[1].JPG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you so much! All help is appreciated :)
Yes she is prob preg. She may still be spayed without risks if the vet is experienced with this surgery.

Kittens cant survive if delivered more than 3-4 days before the natural delivery. So late abortions are this way a much lesser ethical problem as with humans. And if you cant feel kittens move? Go on I say, as you apparently dont wish more kittens.

Is she a purebred? If so it was prob an oops mating. A byb breeder would never give away a coming litter of purebreds...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spencer23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she is prob preg. She may still be spayed without risks if the vet is experienced with this surgery.

Kittens cant survive if delivered more than 3-4 days before the natural delivery. So late abortions are this way a much lesser ethical problem as with humans. And if you cant feel kittens move? Go on I say, as you apparently dont wish more kittens.

Is she a purebred? If so it was prob an oops mating. A byb breeder would never give away a coming litter of purebreds...
Hey!!

Thanks so much for the advice here is an update:
I went to the vet with her today fully hoping to get her spayed, however, they said she was 6.5 weeks pregnant and therefore my vets will not spay a pregnant cat that far into her pregnancy. I was totally gutted as this poor bean will have to go through this all again.

On the plus, she is very healthy considering, I have her on a good quality kitten food and have panic bought everything I think I will need for the kittens. Earlier this evening I could actually feel the kittens move inside of her, it was so strange! I am happy she is settling in really well and she will be pampered like a princess.

She is booked in to b spayed with her kittens at 12 weeks!!

I do not think she is a purebred, She is tabby. I definitely think this guy was breeding for money. his house was full of cats who had kittens, he just wanted rid of Rowena (I named her that) because she was apparently a "bother" and was "viscous" she is not at all!!