Adored Beast Feline Gut Soothe, do you use this product?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now today Deb said he threw up twice, once in the afternoon and once after he ate supper, so who knows???
Yes, it's not perfect. Edwina still regurgitates sometimes... including at 5 this morning. Both are cats are kind of unhappy today and we can't figure out what's going on. I do wonder if it's the weather, which is suddenly cold. 🤷‍♀️

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Now today Deb said he threw up twice, once in the afternoon and once after he ate supper, so who knows???
I am ordering more because I forgot about refrigerating it. Assuming my cat Peaches sensitive tummy is not related, she does have a problem with throwing up food right after eating from being without food for too long so usually morning or getting home late. No more than 5 hrs apart. Using a food timer will help

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am ordering more because I forgot about refrigerating it. Assuming my cat Peaches sensitive tummy is not related, she does have a problem with throwing up food right after eating from being without food for too long so usually morning or getting home late. No more than 5 hrs apart. Using a food timer will help
Regurgitation is such a problem! I don't think Edwina's had a true vomit since she's been on the full FGS dose... but she definitely still regurgitates, which is very frustrating even if it's the least worst option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's not perfect. Edwina still regurgitates sometimes... including at 5 this morning. Both are cats are kind of unhappy today and we can't figure out what's going on. I do wonder if it's the weather, which is suddenly cold. 🤷‍♀️
Hang on as now it's going to become unseasonably warm again! :eek3:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang on as now it's going to become unseasonably warm again! :eek3:
Yes, this weather is absolutely crazy! Both cats seem confused. The barometric pressure changes don't seem too radical but it does seem like the cats feel them. (Or maybe I'm just reading too much into their erratic feline behavior?!)

How has your cat been since you posted yesterday?

I also realized after I posted yesterday that I might have mentioned (repeated, probably) that FGS takes a couple months to really have its effect. That's what Adored Beast says and that's what we observed with Edwina, too. She was obviously feeling better much earlier but it took longer for her to seem more consistently better. Now I just have to figure out how to crack the regurgitation! I have a theory about it -- more related to behavior than anything else -- but don't quite know how to solve it. Yet.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this weather is absolutely crazy! Both cats seem confused. The barometric pressure changes don't seem too radical but it does seem like the cats feel them. (Or maybe I'm just reading too much into their erratic feline behavior?!)

How has your cat been since you posted yesterday?

I also realized after I posted yesterday that I might have mentioned (repeated, probably) that FGS takes a couple months to really have its effect. That's what Adored Beast says and that's what we observed with Edwina, too. She was obviously feeling better much earlier but it took longer for her to seem more consistently better. Now I just have to figure out how to crack the regurgitation! I have a theory about it -- more related to behavior than anything else -- but don't quite know how to solve it. Yet.
Thanks for the information. He seems pretty good, even after he throws up he goes right back to eating lol! And this morning Deb said she sat down on the sofa to read the paper and he jumped right up with her, when she got up and went in the kitchen he jumped down and followed her, when she went back to the sofa he jumped up again, so I'd say that's pretty good for being at least 23 years old or more!!

Good luck with your theory!!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information. He seems pretty good, even after he throws up he goes right back to eating lol! And this morning Deb said she sat down on the sofa to read the paper and he jumped right up with her, when she got up and went in the kitchen he jumped down and followed her, when she went back to the sofa he jumped up again, so I'd say that's pretty good for being at least 23 years old or more!!

Good luck with your theory!!
Yes, there's the positive side of it! Edwina, too, is much more social again.

Does he eat and then bring the food right up, which would be regurgitation? Or does he vomit some time -- hours -- after eating? Part of my theory is that when they start to feel better it takes them time to adjust to having a (more) normal stomach/gut/appetite again. They're used to constantly bugging humans for food but don't do that anymore. Even so, if they were essentially self-medicating with food (Edwina ate a lot when her stomach felt its worst), they're still used to eating too much too fast. And if they do that they regurgitate. I've been trying to condition Edwina to eat under what I call mediated free feeding. It usually works well at night: I leave small portions of food out for her, some in dishes, some in the autofeeder, and she pecks at it through the night. There are occasional regurgitations but it generally works. I really wish I could get her to accept a similar arrangement during the day but she really loves service.

Fingers crossed that your cat will continue to feel better!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there's the positive side of it! Edwina, too, is much more social again.

Does he eat and then bring the food right up, which would be regurgitation? Or does he vomit some time -- hours -- after eating? Part of my theory is that when they start to feel better it takes them time to adjust to having a (more) normal stomach/gut/appetite again. They're used to constantly bugging humans for food but don't do that anymore. Even so, if they were essentially self-medicating with food (Edwina ate a lot when her stomach felt its worst), they're still used to eating too much too fast. And if they do that they regurgitate. I've been trying to condition Edwina to eat under what I call mediated free feeding. It usually works well at night: I leave small portions of food out for her, some in dishes, some in the autofeeder, and she pecks at it through the night. There are occasional regurgitations but it generally works. I really wish I could get her to accept a similar arrangement during the day but she really loves service.

Fingers crossed that your cat will continue to feel better!
It's usually hours later, but if he gulps food down too fast he also will throw up then but not usually, it's just kind of random. But he isn't pushing me for food as much as he did, and I attribute that to the holistic thyroid pill he has been taking for a few weeks now.

And we have dry food out all the time since we have 7 cats, so he can eat all hours of the day if he wants to.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's usually hours later, but if he gulps food down too fast he also will throw up then but not usually, it's just kind of random. But he isn't pushing me for food as much as he did, and I attribute that to the holistic thyroid pill he has been taking for a few weeks now.

And we have dry food out all the time since we have 7 cats, so he can eat all hours of the day if he wants to.
I'll be curious to hear if he stops the "hours later" barfs once he's on the full FGS dose for his weight class. And how interesting that you think the holistic thyroid pill is affecting his appetite.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so interesting to read the trajectories of improvement/backsliding when cats get started on FGS. It's all anecdotal since each cat has its own circumstances -- like other supplements and meds -- but even so, it's fascinating to see that several cats are now less furtive about getting fed.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Now today he threw up a lot, we are going to take a break from this product to see if he improves, there is a chance that it might not be agreeing with him, we shall see. Some of the others are also throwing up too, but we're going to give it a break for a few days to see what happens...

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless it's health related, since I have added multi cat feeliway and purina proplan calming care my cats no longer fight and my cat Peaches rarely throws up so her weight has increased. Even stress from other cats can cause them to throw up. Unfortunately, feliway is expensive but I'm glad I tried it

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless it's health related, since I have added multi cat feeliway and purina proplan calming care my cats no longer fight and my cat Peaches rarely throws up so her weight has increased. Even stress from other cats can cause them to throw up. Unfortunately, feliway is expensive but I'm glad I tried it
We've used Feliway for years. I don't know why he is thrwoing up or the rest of them for that matter, but we're going to knock it off for a few days and see if that helps improve things, they might be aggravated by something in this.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes to stress and, as I've mentioned above, changes and extremes in the weather, which can cause stress. I never would have believed this if I hadn't a) heard vets mention it and b) noticed that it in Edwina, our barfer.

les26 les26 , I hope you're able to figure out what's going on!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
We've used Feliway for years. I don't know why he is thrwoing up or the rest of them for that matter, but we're going to knock it off for a few days and see if that helps improve things, they might be aggravated by something in this.
Another thing that has helped with stress is not eating together, Peaches eats in my bathroom Coco kitchen, Maggie in living room.
best of luck to all your cats!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes to stress and, as I've mentioned above, changes and extremes in the weather, which can cause stress. I never would have believed this if I hadn't a) heard vets mention it and b) noticed that it in Edwina, our barfer.

les26 les26 , I hope you're able to figure out what's going on!
And today was almost 80 degrees here in Pennsylvania, then it is going to drop again in the next few days. Strange...

He throws up but just goes back to eating so we don't feel he is sick, but we wanted to figure this out of we can.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing that has helped with stress is not eating together, Peaches eats in my bathroom Coco kitchen, Maggie in living room.
best of luck to all your cats!
Yes, this is a big issue for us, too. We almost always have to feed them separately.

And today was almost 80 degrees here in Pennsylvania, then it is going to drop again in the next few days. Strange...

He throws up but just goes back to eating so we don't feel he is sick, but we wanted to figure this out of we can.
The weather here in Maine was 80 degrees today, too! But it's already dropped to 62. Oddly, the cats seemed okay with sudden heat... but we'll see how they do with the sudden cold and rain, too. They seem to do better when the weather changes for the sunnier.